MB - Gigabyte GA P55A-UD4P Version 1 with latest bios update
Memory - 4 Gig Patriot
PS - Antec 700 Watt
Graphics NVidia GTX285 for Mac
DVD - Pioneer BDR-205BK BluRay
System Drive - Hitachi 2TB
Software Raid - 6TB -3 Hitachi drives
OS - 10.6.4

Installation of the OS went without a hitch. The system is working and running applications. Lan worked and the graphic card worked from the beginning at all resolutions before Multibeast. I first used EasyBeast but found the system wouldn't boot giving me a "Boot0 Error" message so then I used Multibeast and enabled sound with the HDA options for the 889 chipset and tried manually loading Chameleon from the Multibeast options

It appeared to load fine. I'm not sure what other choices I should load from Multibeast for this board????

1)I recently learned that the system drive over 1TB is a problem with Chameleon and for the time being we are just booting with the TonyMac boot disk and then choosing the system HD to load the OS. I tried loading R5 of Chameleon without any different luck. Unless I boot from the CD boot disk I still get an "Boot0 Error" If any one has an answer on this to get the HD to boot it would be appreciated.

2)The system does not eject the DVD drive properly. F12 for eject doesn't work. Often when i manually press the drive eject button nothing happens. Again if anyone has ideas on this i appreciate anything you can offer. It might be bios settings I'm not aware of but i think they are set correctly for AHCI, etc. This is a real inconvenience.

3)There is a vexing problem with the system going to sleep and I'm not able to wake it with the keyboard or the mouse. I have to reset it. I'm probably missing something simple that i don't know but I need help.

4)The system loaded most of the CS5 Master Collection but would not load Premiere and AFX. It gave me an error that I had the wrong type Mac???? I was able to load the CS4 version of AFX.

This is a great forum with a lot of very knowledgeable people on the Mac operating system and Hackintosh issues. Unfortunately I'm not one of them and I have trouble interpreting a lot of the technical explanations and need detailed directions but I'll try my best to not ask stupid questions and appreciate your help.

One way to get around the 1TB limit is to partition your drive so that you are booting a partition that is no larger than 1TB.

Thank you for the reply. Our first choice is to see if we can get the current HD partitioned at 1.5TB to work. If not I guess we'll try to copy the entire HD to a new HD less than 1TB to use for the boot HD keeping the original HD intact because we can always fall back to using it with a CD. What is the best utility to make an exact copy of the boot drive in your opinion?

The biggest problem right now is the machine hibernating and not waking up.

I use SuperDuper, but others use CarbonCopyCloner. If you want to make your backup drive bootable you'll have to install Chameleon on it.

VideoLasVegas said:
I recently put together a machine for one of my friends with these specs:
CPU - i7 860
MB - Gigabyte GA P55A-UD4P Version 1 with latest bios update
Memory - 4 Gig Patriot
PS - Antec 700 Watt
Graphics NVidia GTX285 for Mac
DVD - Pioneer BDR-205BK BluRay
System Drive - Hitachi 2TB
Software Raid - 6TB -3 Hitachi drives
OS - 10.6.4

Installation of the OS went without a hitch. The system is working and running applications. Lan worked and the graphic card worked from the beginning at all resolutions before Multibeast. I first used EasyBeast but found the system wouldn't boot giving me a "Boot0 Error" message so then I used Multibeast and enabled sound with the HDA options for the 889 chipset and tried manually loading Chameleon from the Multibeast options

It appeared to load fine. I'm not sure what other choices I should load from Multibeast for this board????

1)I recently learned that the system drive over 1TB is a problem with Chameleon and for the time being we are just booting with the TonyMac boot disk and then choosing the system HD to load the OS. I tried loading R5 of Chameleon without any different luck. Unless I boot from the CD boot disk I still get an "Boot0 Error" If any one has an answer on this to get the HD to boot it would be appreciated.

2)The system does not eject the DVD drive properly. F12 for eject doesn't work. Often when i manually press the drive eject button nothing happens. Again if anyone has ideas on this i appreciate anything you can offer. It might be bios settings I'm not aware of but i think they are set correctly for AHCI, etc. This is a real inconvenience.

3)There is a vexing problem with the system going to sleep and I'm not able to wake it with the keyboard or the mouse. I have to reset it. I'm probably missing something simple that i don't know but I need help.

4)The system loaded most of the CS5 Master Collection but would not load Premiere and AFX. It gave me an error that I had the wrong type Mac???? I was able to load the CS4 version of AFX.

This is a great forum with a lot of very knowledgeable people on the Mac operating system and Hackintosh issues. Unfortunately I'm not one of them and I have trouble interpreting a lot of the technical explanations and need detailed directions but I'll try my best to not ask stupid questions and appreciate your help.
1) Don't know of any other solutions to this yet.

2) What keyboard are you using? Have you tried shift or control F12?

3) OS X 10.6.4 seems to fix this problem when using a DSDT.

4) I remember someone else had this problem and posted on the forum how they got around it.

MacMan,
Thank you for getting back.

-We tried all kinds of combinations of F12 with shift and any other key we could think of. We tried it with a PS2 connection PC keyboard and a USB Mac keyboard. F12 works showing Dashboard but holding it down doesn't work for "eject".
-I searched the forum for issues with CS5 Premiere before i posted and everyone seemed to be able to use it. I'm suspecting that some file needs to be loaded in Multibeast to make the processor appear correctly to the software. Do you know if this is true and if so which file?

-If you get a moment please explain what i need to do "when using a DSDT" in your advice for the hibernation.

Thank you for the help.

Hi,
Im going to use the same setup but from my experience on this forum using a bluray dvd isnt good because apple dont support it(Please correct me if im wrong). I think you need to copy it to a small hd less then 1tb because higher then that wont work. This is from what i read. If anything is wrong im sorry.

Please keep us updated because im using the same build and would love to know incase i run into this.

Hmmm. Don't know why the F12 key isn't ejecting for you. Just add an eject key to the menu?

Navigate to the Menu Extras folder inside CoreServices:
Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras

Inside the Menu Extras folder you should see a file called "Eject.menu". Double-click on it and an eject button will magically appear in your menu bar.

When the Eject icon appears, it may not be in the exact spot you want. To move it around, Command-drag the icon anywhere on the menu bar that you like. To remove it from the menu, command-drag it down off the screen and it will disappear "poof" in a cloud of smoke.

That is a very useful tip on the Eject command. Thank you

I believe we are narrowing down the reason why CS5 Premiere and AFX did not install (didn't even show on install list of programs). They require a 64 bit system. Is it possible that the system somehow is set up as 32 bit. If so how do i tell and what do i do to change it to 64 Bit?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back