Contribute
Register

Problems with driver installs (Sierra and Multibeast 9.0.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Greetings. Followed all of the instructions to the letter after a Customac Mini Deluxe build... thrilled to see Sierra come up, but after running Multibeast (9.0.0 and 9.0.1) I have:

• No network connectivity (Network available when booted from USB Installer)
  • No audio
  • No HDMI video
  • No Bluetooth/WiFi
Logs attached as requested.

System:
Any assistance/advice/direction/help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• install.pdf
    120.3 KB · Views: 950
  • MultiBeast.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
i fixed the network with Multibeast/Drivers/Network/Intel/AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.3 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0

Greetings. Followed all of the instructions to the letter after a Customac Mini Deluxe build... thrilled to see Sierra come up, but after running Multibeast (9.0.0 and 9.0.1) I have:

• No network connectivity (Network available when booted from USB Installer)
  • No audio
  • No HDMI video
  • No Bluetooth/WiFi
Logs attached as requested.

System:
Any assistance/advice/direction/help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

In the install.log you will see the following:

kextcache: symlink("/System/Library/
PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/
Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Looks like the system is having an issue rebuilding the kernel cache.

Try booting without the cache and see if that fixes it. Then if that fixes it try manually removing the cache file and rebuilding it manually.

you have luck for 2 minutes I fixed the audio ;)

Same like with the network ALC1150/Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio/100 Series Audio have to install

In the install.log you will see the following:

kextcache: symlink("/System/Library/
PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/
Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Looks like the system is having an issue rebuilding the kernel cache.

Try booting without the cache and see if that fixes it. Then if that fixes it try manually removing the cache file and rebuilding it manually.

Thank you all so much for your replies. MacMan... I am sorry to ask, but I am fairly new to this. How do I go about booting without the cache? Sorry for being a noob, but would appreciate additional guidance in this matter. I feel like I'm so close! Thank you all again.

Thank you, too, vorhangk; but adding all those drivers didn't do the trick. :( Hopefully MacMan will be able to walk me through booting without the cache and, if necessary, rebuilding the cache manually.

Update: So, I did some Googling and learned that I could boot without caches by pressing the spacebar at the Clover boot screen and checking "Boot without caches." Which I did. And it still didn't fix the problem. Still no ethernet, audio, bluetooth, or HDMI video. So, I'd sure appreciate guidance on the next step. Should I re-upload the logs? Thanks again.

This is not a MultiBeast issue as it installed everything correctly.

I would suggest posting for help in the Sierra Desktop Forum.

Closed.

This is not a MultiBeast issue as it installed everything correctly.

I would suggest posting for help in the Sierra Desktop Forum.

Closed.

Okay, thank you. I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back