Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I was able to successfully install Mavericks on a gigabyte H-87N board with i7 processor and samsung SSD,ballistix ram, no graphics card, with unibeast from a usb drive.

For reaching the installer i has to used to bootflag PCIRootUID=0 and I successfully installed.

Upon restart, I choose USB HDD by pressing F12 upon boot up and select the newly installed Mavericks. I did not use any boot flags. I see the apple logo, it starts to boot and then quits. I can see the apple logo and a bar spinning and then it is a black screen.

It tried to boot up in verbose mode. I have attached the picture here.
Unknown.jpg

Not enough info. Are you using Chimera or Clover based UniBeast installer?
Which i7 and what iGPU does it have?
Normally when the boot hangs at this point in your pic it is either a Graphics (most often) or a networking issue.
I can barely see the entry at the top of the pic but it looks as if AppleE1000e successfully loaded so probably graphics is the problem.
No GPU, so what is your UEFI/BIOS setting for first init display? You need it set to iGPU and iGPU memory set to 64M in most cases.

Not enough info. Are you using Chimera or Clover based UniBeast installer?
Which i7 and what iGPU does it have?
Normally when the boot hangs at this point in your pic it is either a Graphics (most often) or a networking issue.
I can barely see the entry at the top of the pic but it looks as if AppleE1000e successfully loaded so probably graphics is the problem.
No GPU, so what is your UEFI/BIOS setting for first init display? You need it set to iGPU and iGPU memory set to 64M in most cases.

I first installed it 2 years before following instruction from this website. I am using the same USB again now.

I believe it is multibeast

it is i7 4770k

I tried setting init display to igpu from pie slot

Still not success

I was able to reach the installer with PCIRootuid=0 boot flag and install it, then while booting i hit f12 and select usb and select the new mavericks , the apple logo comes up, spins for a while and then black screen.

I have attached a screen shot before going back

When I first installed it in 2013, tonymacx website had very detailed instruction on bios setting and installation. Where can i find that page again ?

I really appreciate your help.

Please look at the screenshot attached.

Screenshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back