Contribute
Register

Problems with booting from USB (Mavericks 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
HELP! Totally Lost.

Hey guys!

the last days i got several problems with my one month old hackintosh and i hope someone here can help me. It's my first sef-build computer and i'm not really a computer professional and also my english is not the very best, but maybe we can find a solution for me anyway. That would be awesome.

So, the hackintosh worked fine for one month with mavericks 10.9. After that, it just stopped starting at the grey welcome screen and turned off. I thought it must be the ssd (after taking a screenshot) so I thought a reinstallation would solve the problem.
Now I can't even boot from the USB drive I prepared with mavericks 10.9.3. Is it because of the Mavericks version?
Has anyone an idea of what went wrong or anything? screenshots are attached, first one of the failed ssd boot, second one of the failed usb boot.

I hope someone can help me - thanks in advance.

hardware:

motherboard: gigabyte ga-z87x-d3h
cpu: intel core i7 4770k

EDIT:

i tried to boot from usb 2 more times and two new screens appeared. screenshots attached.
boot_USB_fail1.jpgboot_USB_fail2.JPG

If anyone has the slightest idea, i would be very grateful.

Attachments

• boot_SSD_fails.jpg
    boot_SSD_fails.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 115
  • boot_USB_fails.jpg
    boot_USB_fails.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
Do you have VT-D disabled in your bios? Do you still see crashes when booting in safe mode (-x)? You might take a look at this thread.

Hi,

Vt-d is enabled but marked grey that i can't change the settings. Can i do anything about it? I already tried several bootflags and nothing worked, it always shuts down. Save mode is also not working, also the bootflags from the other thread... Any other tips? :(

Maybe it's helpful that i got into single use mode when trying to boot from ssd. "fsck -y" says after checking catalog file: missing thread record (id = 2604) and invalid key length (4, 11436)

does this means anything to anyone?

otherwise i will try again to prepare a new bootable usb stick.. maybe something went wrong while prepairing. I have no other idea to make my hackintosh work again...

Maybe it's helpful that i got into single use mode when trying to boot from ssd. "fsck -y" says after checking catalog file: missing thread record (id = 2604) and invalid key length (4, 11436)

does this means anything to anyone?

Honestly, it sounds like a bad disk drive. It's the same error other folks have seen from a dead disk. But basically, OS X thinks your filesystem is hosed.

Will a reinstallation with a working USB stick solve any problems? Or should i exchange the SSD before? (It's a one month old Samsung 840 evo series 250gb, are there any problems known? should i buy another one?) And what caused the problems? ..I don't want to reinstall everything every month..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back