Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B560i Gaming Edge
CPU
i5-11600K Rocket Lake
Graphics
Nvidia RTX3070
First - THANK YOU - to everyone who made this possible, especially tonymac.

You can see from my profile that I have an ASRock mobo and I am unable to boot to Clover without the USB disk inserted. I would like to boot directly from my HDs.

I believe I saw a post indicating that there is a problem with ASRock boards.
From my Bios I can select my Windows OS boot, and I can see my OS X partition but not the UEFI partition that contains Clover.

My goal is to have a boot scenario like this:
1) Restart to (Clover) boot menu with 2 selections: Windows or Mac OS
2) Set a default device/OS so that after a set period of time (30 seconds for example) it auto-boots to the default.

Is this possible?
Can anyone point me to a solution?

Last edited:
Thanks wildwillow - The first time I looked through the guide it seemed like a long process, but I've re-read it and it seems pretty easy.

I assume that I need to configure Clover to do what I want regarding the Boot Menu and default - it can be set up for that, correct?

I'll give it a shot and report back.

Thanks wildwillow - The first time I looked through the guide it seemed like a long process, but I've re-read it and it seems pretty easy.

I assume that I need to configure Clover to do what I want regarding the Boot Menu and default - it can be set up for that, correct?

I'll give it a shot and report back.

You will be able configure, reconfigure Clover any way you would like, just like any other system. The guide adds UEFI boot support for Clover. Good luck!

Had some problems!

I was able to boot from the Linux USB and run all the commands, however I could not boot my pc AT ALL afterwards. Nothing - Nada.
I had to clear the CMOS and try again, which also forced me to reinstall El Capitan.
Fortunately, it just over wrote the OS so it only took me about an hour to everything working again.

I'm going to the wonkeydonkey post now to ask some questions...bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back