Contribute
Register

Problems with ATI Sapphire 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bruce,

you are talking about the org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I don't have a key called Duckweed in there, when I added it, it doesn't do anything.

Yes sorry i was not clearer.... my code in this file is as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>darkwake=0</key>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Cheers

Hi

I don't have two monitors so don't know about dual monitors at the same time, but my sapphire 6870 works with the monitor on both DVI ports. I originally was not able to get the bottom DVI port working but made a small change to frame buffer duckweed in my boot.plist. Changed <string>Duckweed</string> to <string>Duckweed=0</string>

Don't know if thats helpful

Cheer Bruce

I would guess that by adding the "=0" you have effectively broken frame buffer loading resulting in the default radeon frame buffer being loaded. It's the same as having GraphicsEnabler=no which also enables both DVI ports but crashes DVD player / Ableton etc. What does it say in System Profiler under Graphics/Displays->Chipset Model?

6000 series = no (real) framebuffer = crashing apps
6870 series = correct framebuffer = sweetbix

can anyone confirm that using this ati6000 controller edit you get graphicsenablered=yes over hdmi and fully recognised in system profiler??

thanks

finally got it working thanks to PGODW4!!!!!! :clap:

got it working hdmi and recognised as 6870 in system profiler too working 100% on dvd player and geek bench.

updated to 10.7.4 too, working 100%

tho after the update i had to use dvi>vga to boot into lion as hdmi falls asleep again on boot, and installed the ati6000 controller kext again and repaired the permissions using kext util. restarted and hdmi working again and does not fall asleep on boot.

my sapphire 6870 is working 100% now, never thought id see the day :headbang:

I've attached the files needed to get the sapphire 6870 working to this post.

thanks again to PGODW4 for your help too!!!!!!! :thumb up:

[img=http://s17.postimage.org/wtu8l7qu3/Graphics_Card_Working_10_7_4.jpg]

Attachments

• ATI6000Controller.kext.zip
    231.4 KB · Views: 99
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    833 bytes · Views: 235
Thanks to you pgodw4, my Sapphire 6870 is now fully working ! I can use Duckweed while both DVI and HDMI work with graphicsenabler=yes ! (before, another framebuffer allowed me to do this, but it was freezing every 10 seconds...)

Your the man, i tried many other kext, none of them allowed this, thanks for your work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back