Contribute
Register

Problems with AMD 7970 graphics not working (with secondary 6870)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what we should try to do is: Get the Unibeast bootloader on your SSD/HDD ( if possible) because with unibeast I can just boot fine.

If that is possible, I suppose that would solve the issues. I'm able to boot into the 7970 through Unibeast on a thumb drive, so yeah, sounds like that would be fine as long as booting with Unibeast doesn't bring any of its own issues.

Does a Unibeast boot allow your system to run like normal at full processing power and compatibility?

If that is possible, I suppose that would solve the issues. I'm able to boot into the 7970 through Unibeast on a thumb drive, so yeah, sounds like that would be fine as long as booting with Unibeast doesn't bring any of its own issues.

Does a Unibeast boot allow your system to run like normal at full processing power and compatibility?
not sure about that..

Hey,
I followed your thread in case of me having pretty much the same problem with my 7970.
(As you can see in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...pcie-primary-graphics-adapter.html#post693979 )

Did you manage to get UniBeast bootloader on your Mavericks Drive?
If yes, how did you do that?
I would be glad to have your explanation,

regards!

Don't know if the message is for me or OP, but I did not succeed yet. This is mainly because I did not have any time.

Hi there exuded, thanks for the thread. I have nothing new to report yet, just been working with the 6870 on my system for now until documentation or drivers improve on how to make the 7000 cards work properly. It would be great to get native support for the 7970 in the bootloader.

Alright I made to get everything to work correctly.
In the end of almost 10 hours spending in this try, I was quite happy. But booting into a USB device is for just not very nice for me. It takes a very long time after pressing 'enter' for booting Mavericks until the 'homescreen' is fully loaded and ready to use. I stopped 70-80 seconds and thats just too long.
(When I boot my Win8.1 System it takes ~20 seconds to fully boot- both systems on different SSDs!)
Do you have any idea how to speed it up?
So as a result I hope Chimera will support the Radeon HD 7xxx Series as soon as possible.
Do you know who we can ask for when that will happen?

Another aspect for me-I know its a different topic- is the fan speed control of my 7970. In Mavericks its just too loud. In the Bios I can set up the CPU Fan but not the 7970s Fan so a Fan Control that supports 3rd Party Graphics would be awesome.
I hope you will note here, when you have any success in future days.
All the best!

Haven't tested this out yet, but someone in another thread mentioned this in regards to 7970 compatibility:

All you need to do is make sure it boots with GraphicsEnabler=No

Mavericks calls it an AMD Radeon HD 7XXX 3072mb

OpenGL extensions viewer is convinced that the card is a FirePro D700

Yes I also read that before somewhere. I also did that but that unfortunately doesn't solve the problem with Chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back