Contribute
Register

Problems with a Gigabyte P35-DS3R Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Hardware Configuration

Summary
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1.80GHz 44 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3R (Socket 775) 32 °C
Graphics
X192W (1440x900@75Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (ATI AIB) 39 °C
Hard Drives
78GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-75MSA1 ATA Device (SATA) 31 °C
244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A ATA Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

My BIOS Configuration

ACHI SET
HPET 64 BIT
USB MOUSE Enabled
USB KEYBOARD Enabled

Notes: These are the only settings that were modified after I loaded Optimized Defaults.

My Methodology

I've been using the following guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

My Problem

Using Iboot I am able to partially boot to my OSX SL Retail Disc. I am then told that I need to restart my computer:

TS3742_01_KP-001-en.jpg

I then Proceeded to try to start in safe mode using the -X command in Iboot. It still does not boot further then the spinning wheel.

Does anyone have any insight what my problem might be?

Thank You.

-Alex

A few things to try:

You might have better luck with iBoot Legacy...

Try booting -v -x PCIRootUID=1 see if that helps.

The DVD drive may not be supported.....if you have a SATA one, you could try that.

Snapman,

Thanks for the reply. I tried using Iboot Legacy prior to your post but I did not try using that command you provided me. I will try that when I get home. If that fails I will look into replacing my drive.

I will keep you guys updated with my process.

Thank you again.

I got this from the Voodoo labs kext / driver. Boot into Apple's safe mode and remove that KEXT. You probably need azalia audio.

Mike,

I'm sorry, I did not understand your instructions.

This is my first hackintosh so please bare with me.

When you say Boot into Apples safe mode you are referring to using the -X command in Iboot and then removing a Kext?

Which Kext are you referring to and how do I remove it?

Can you confirm your BIOS haven't changed since setting them.

Can you confirm that you are unplugging all other HDDs except the one you are installing SL on.

Which SATA ports are the DVD and HDD connected? There are two kinds of SATA 3 ports on the board, you might want to try a different combination or do a search specifically to determine which ones are successful. MBs can be picky or I should say SL can be picky which SATA ports are being used to install it.

Press and hold the shift key when the grey apple loading screen starts. I think the KEXT you want to remove is the VoodooHDA.kext. If you used the voodoo installer though there is an uninstall. voodooHDA-uninstall

I believe multi beast uses the installer so its worth a try.

-Mike

Thanks again everyone for the advice.

I found a data drive and I'm still having issues with it.

At the moment there are no other devices other than thefollowing plugged into my computer:

Sata DVD drive
Sata 80 gig HDD
ATI 4600

My bios settings remain consistent with the hackintosh settings.

I will add all these things to my laundry list to try tomorrow and will update accordingly.

This community rocks!!

Guys,

I've still have been unable to get pass the Gray apple screen using all the methods stated above.

-x -v Commands didn't work, in Iboot and Iboot Legacy edition. Instead I receive the following error messages displayed in the attachment.

When I attempted to build a hackintosh I did not take the age of my system and the relevant solutions for my system into account. After digging around and researching a bit I realized there are many different ways of getting through a hackintosh install. Am I using the most effective one for my system? Should I be using a different method?

Even with a SATA drive I am unable to advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1567[1].JPG
    IMG_1567[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 161
I am a bit puzzled....the screen doesn't look like the verbose screens I have gotten in the past.

IIRC, I only get the text over the Apple when NOT in -v mode and a fatal error occurs, in -v mode I get just text for most of the startup process until the very end.

Can you confirm, that you boot into Chameleon, insert the disk and before hitting F5 to select the Snow Leopard disk, you type the boot flags and can see them on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back