Contribute
Register

Problems with 4730s (slow system/glitches with native display resolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.10 on ProBook 4730
CPU
Intel Core i5-2410M
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 on 1920x1080 17" screen
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got the following problem with my Probook 4730s:

With the 4730s native resolution (1600x900) the Mac system is (unusable) slow and there are many glitches.
When I set the resolution to e.g. 1344x756 the system becomes very fast and the glitches are gone.

I did a clean install (followed each step in the instructions by RehabMan) with a ML 10.8.2 Unibeast stick and patched my own DSDT (Dual-link screen patch).

For more clearness I made a little video:

[video=youtube;ayC4TyQ0i6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayC4TyQ0i6E[/video]

So my question to the other 4730s Probook users would be: Is this the usual behavior after a clean install? Did SwitchResX solved that problem?

Thanks in advance!

With the 4730s native resolution (1600x900) the Mac system is (unusable) slow and there are many glitches.
When I set the resolution to e.g. 1344x756 the system becomes very fast and the glitches are gone.

I did a clean install (followed each step in the instructions by RehabMan) with a ML 10.8.2 Unibeast stick and patched my own DSDT (Dual-link screen patch).

So my question to the other 4730s Probook users would be: Is this the usual behavior after a clean install? Did SwitchResX solved that problem?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try EDID generator in Probook Installer v6?

Did you try EDID generator in Probook Installer v6?
I was quite sure I installed it because it says "recommended" in your instructions. Well, I installed it one more time... Monitor and color profile are now called "Probook 4x30s". But still no change.

Note: Did all this without installing the SMC Ping daemon alias "glitch fix". Tried it with the fix.. changed nothing, again.

Anyone? ...

Does this happen to someone else? Has every 4730s user installed a 1080p display??

This should solve the problem:!:

Thanks in advance!

have you updated to current bios?

are you using the current version of unibeast, and can you make a new unibeast usb with 10.85, what version of Probook installer are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back