Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
I ran into issues running the update. It would get stuck after beginning the update process on the 2nd reboot and cause a reboot or freeze. It might be helpful to others, but for whatever reason having 2 NVMe drives installed was causing the issue. All prior macOS updates went through without a problem previously with 2 NVMe drives. But after fiddling with all sorts of config settings and potential Clover issues, as soon as I temporarily removed the second (non-primary) NVMe drive from the motherboard, the update went through smoothly. After the update was complete, I plugged in the second NVMe drive and everything was working just as it was before.

This is for anyone who might have a similar setup and are also facing the same issue! The latest 10.14.6 update feels like it's running faster.

I ran into issues running the update. It would get stuck after beginning the update process on the 2nd reboot and cause a reboot or freeze. It might be helpful to others, but for whatever reason having 2 NVMe drives installed was causing the issue. All prior macOS updates went through without a problem previously with 2 NVMe drives. But after fiddling with all sorts of config settings and potential Clover issues, as soon as I temporarily removed the second (non-primary) NVMe drive from the motherboard, the update went through smoothly. After the update was complete, I plugged in the second NVMe drive and everything was working just as it was before.

This is for anyone who might have a similar setup and are also facing the same issue! The latest 10.14.6 update feels like it's running faster.

I have 2 NVMe drives but didn't have any problems with the install.

If you update your Profile settings, as per the rules, we can see what your system consists of, which is essential for any help requests you may post in the future.

I have 2 NVMe drives but didn't have any problems with the install.

If you update your Profile settings, as per the rules, we can see what your system consists of, which is essential for any help requests you may post in the future.

Thanks for mentioning that! I'll update it now. Interestingly enough, I believe I have the same motherboard as you!

Thanks for mentioning that! I'll update it now. Interestingly enough, I believe I have the same motherboard as you!

I have macOS with APFS on one and Windows NTFS on the other so it could be that.

I have macOS with APFS on one and Windows NTFS on the other so it could be that.
Ahh... Thanks for that insight! I have macOS with APFS on the primary and the other formatted with HPFS. It sounds like with your setup, the drives are distinct enough that there wasn't any confusion for the Updater

what slot are you using for your nvme? Having some issues with update for 10.14.6. I have same motherboard as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back