Contribute
Register

Problems Lenovo Z50-70 - INTEL HD 4400, trackpad, Battery and Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added SortedOrder in config.plist but the result is same. Latest ioreg & patchmatic files are attached.
I tried
Code:
<key>SortedOrder</key>
		<array>
			<string>SSDT.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-1.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-2.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-3.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-4.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-5.aml</string>
		</array>

and

Code:
<key>SortedOrder</key>
		<array>
			<string>SSDT-1.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-2.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-3aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-4.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-5.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-6.aml</string>
		</array>

You have duplicate _DSM methods. _SB.PCI0.IGPU._DSM is defined in both SSDT-3 and SSDT-4 (in patchmatic output). The patching guide advises removing all OEM _DSM methods before applying any other patches to avoid this problem.

You have duplicate _DSM methods. _SB.PCI0.IGPU._DSM is defined in both SSDT-3 and SSDT-4 (in patchmatic output). The patching guide advises removing all OEM _DSM methods before applying any other patches to avoid this problem.

Thanks. I extracted fresh DSDT, removed the _DSM methods and reapplied all the patches. Now everything works including brightness. Also Nvidia is now disabled.

Thanks. I extracted fresh DSDT, removed the _DSM methods and reapplied all the patches. Now everything works including brightness. Also Nvidia is now disabled.

Nice to hear...

Nice to hear...

All credit goes to you ofcourse (and your awesome kexts & tools).

Soon I'll post a guide with all details for this laptop.

The only sore point is the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi card that doesn't work with OSX.

WiFi/Bluetooth: Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Realtek RTL8723BE is not supported. Do you know which compatible cards are supported by the BIOS whitelist? Or is there any way to find out the whitelist details?

The driver CD supplied with the laptop contains wifi drivers for Realtek, Broadcom as well as Atheros cards (for windows) which means certain Broadcom & Atheros cards must be supported.

Realtek RTL8723BE is not supported. Do you know which compatible cards are supported by the BIOS whitelist? Or is there any way to find out the whitelist details?

Refer to your service manual.

So I did some research and it turns out that the Ltn cards are probably Atheros 965x while The BCM are BCM94314 & BCM94316. The other two are Realtek & Intel cards. So it seems none of the whitelist cards work on OSX.

Also it isn't possible remove whitelist & the BIOS is write protected in this model & cannot be flashed without special hardware.

Probably none of them are compatible. Although with some of the Atheros cards, if you can find out the details, may be useful to rebrand an AR9280 as.
I am using OSX/Windows dual boot. Rebranding means it won't work on Windows right?

Note: Even though my Lenovo u430 did not list the BCM94352HMB as a valid card, I installed one and it worked (passed the whitelist).

I there any way to extract the BIOS & check which device IDs are present in the whitelist?
Also the model you mentioned is pretty expensive. How about BCM943228HMB?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...0-Half-MINI-PCI-E-Card/724414_1427230002.html

I am using OSX/Windows dual boot. Rebranding means it won't work on Windows right?

It depends on the specifics of the rebrand.

I there any way to extract the BIOS & check which device IDs are present in the whitelist?

If you're good at reading x86 assembly code...

Also the model you mentioned is pretty expensive.

I purchased mine on ebay for $30 free shipping.

How about BCM943228HMB?

Not compatible.

A cheaper alternative is the BCM943225HMB (ebay ~$15 free shipping, does not have 5Ghz radio, no 802.11ac). I purchased both... but my u430 accepted only the BCM94352HMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back