Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a hack running great with 10.6.8. Trying to upgrade to Lion 10.7.2 from the App Store download. Followed tonymac install guide using xMove. When I reboot after installing xMove and select the Installer partition at startup, I get the grey apple start screen with the spinning wheel, then my screen goes black and I have to reboot to get back to SL.

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hate to have spent $30 for Lion and then not get it to work. :x

My specs are in my sig below.

bump :banghead:

BUMP AGAIN

dh22r said:
hmmm ... howabout booting using rBoot and then choose the installer.

It wouldn't even try to boot with rBoot. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Anyone got any ideas?

jgonzo said:
Anyone got any ideas?

when you boot from iBoot, use "-v" to check message and look for what the last step before black.

and have you done from 10.6.8 to 10.7.0 successful?

oldpig said:
jgonzo said:
Anyone got any ideas?

when you boot from iBoot, use "-v" to check message and look for what the last step before black.

I'll try that on boot.

I'm trying to go from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2. When I purchased it from App Store the other day that was all there was. I didn't see an option for an earlier version of Lion.

oldpig said:
jgonzo said:
Anyone got any ideas?

Last thing I can make out is

"Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory".

A couple more lines after that, but screen goes black too fast to get a pic or read it.

@jgonzo,

I drag the Lion from Mac App into application folder. I installed the Lion files through 10.6.8 application folder. Then I followed TonyMac xMove method. It worked like a charm. I managed to update to Lion 10.7.1 without any issue.

I have to drag it into application folder because it would not allow me to install Lion files downloaded from Mac App.

My specs:
MB Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Graphic: nVidia GeForce GTX 260
CPU: Core i7 920
RAM: Ripsaw 3x 4GB DDR3 1800
Optical Drive: Pioneer BD
Power supply: 850 watts

sofatiger51 said:
@jgonzo,

I drag the Lion from Mac App into application folder. I installed the Lion files through 10.6.8 application folder. Then I followed TonyMac xMove method. It worked like a charm. I managed to update to Lion 10.7.1 without any issue.

I have to drag it into application folder because it would not allow me to install Lion files downloaded from Mac App.

My specs:
MB Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Graphic: nVidia GeForce GTX 260
CPU: Core i7 920
RAM: Ripsaw 3x 4GB DDR3 1800
Optical Drive: Pioneer BD
Power supply: 850 watts

That didn't work for me.

I think I just hosed my install. I thought I would try MB 10.9.1 since I had used 10.8.3(?) for my SL install. I ran the DSDT for my mobo with sys util and re-booted. Now I can't boot up. Screen sits at gray. DOH! I've tried rBoot and iBoot to no avail. Anyone have any ideas how I can get back in and revert? :oops:

Any and all help is appreciated.

Correction: I meant MB 3.9 & MB 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back