Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630 & Vega 56
I've spent the last few days trying to do a clean install on my Z370n build but to no avail (it had been happily running Mojave). The board has BIOS version F12 and am using the STAS.SSDT and DSDT RTC patch which I believe are required when using that BIOS.

Internal intel graphics are enabled with 128mb of assigned memory.

Having trawled dozens of threads on here and other forums and tried umpteen different clover configurations, the furthest I get is the second stage boot. When I then enter 'Install Catalina from macOS Catalina (my installation name)', depending on which Clover config I am using, I either get a reboot after a few seconds, a KP after a few seconds more or it actually gets as far as commencing the installation then with about 5 minutes to go on the countdown, I get the dreaded 'macOS cannot be installed on this computer' error message.

I have attached the EFI folder that gets me as far as this.

This is my last hope before I call it a day and go back to Mojave so would really appreciate any help, suggestions, ideas etc. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
This is my last hope before I call it a day and go back to Mojave so would really appreciate any help, suggestions, ideas e

Sorry you're having a hard time - I've taken a look at your config.plist and made a few changes and replaced it into your EFI Folder if you care to try before throwing the towel in. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 192
Sorry you're having a hard time - I've taken a look at your config.plist and made a few changes and replaced it into your EFI Folder if you care to try before throwing the towel in. Good luck.

Really appreciate you taking the trouble, thank you!

Will try this over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

With your EFI at long last I am now up and running! Thank you, you’re an absolute star.

After doing some research prior to trying your EFI, I disabled the CFG lock in the BIOS - not sure if this would have made any difference.

Thanks again!

With your EFI at long last I am now up and running!

Happy days - Glad you got sorted, going forward always insure your kexts are the latest, make sure you have a working backup incase you need to experiment to get everything running smooth like Sleep, iMessage, F/Time and the ability to
watch DRM material on Apple TV etc, etc but these can all wait until you get familiar with the OS - Enjoy :headbang:

Dude you are the man! I added a rx580 video card and couldn't get sleep to work and tried your efi and boom everything is working perfectly! Thank you!

With your EFI at long last I am now up and running! Thank you, you’re an absolute star.

After doing some research prior to trying your EFI, I disabled the CFG lock in the BIOS - not sure if this would have made any difference.

Thanks again!

Hey I have the same mobo, and researching on how to get everything working before my other parts come in. Did you use the setup_var command to disable CFG lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back