Graphics
nvidia 310m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been running mountain lion and and mavericks for a while now everything else I got working but I am still booting off a thumb drive because I can't get any bootloader to boot from the hard drive.

I have tried the 4k sector fix a few times and it still wont pick the bootloader up. The extra folder is there and everything is inside of it but still nothing. This is the only thing still broken about the system. If someone knows of a way I can get this going that would be awsome.

I am running a Toshiba A665-s6070 laptop and the hard drive is an hitachi 640gb drive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Update:

I gave up on the 4k sector size drive that was in the laptop and Installed a hard drive that is known to have the old sector format of 512b's. And I still get the same thing happen. The screen says "boot failed:(HD name) and moves onto the next boot device.

This happens with every bootloader I have tried including the new clover.

I noticed that I have a 200mb partition called "EFI" that is formated in fat32. Is this normal? I am just at a loss as to what to do I have tried everything and nothing works. I was thinking it might be a Bios issue but I can boot from my Unibeast drive fine so I am leaning away from bios issue IDK Please if someone knows help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back