Graphics
Gigabyte 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I followed the instructions on here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html but I get a kernal panic when I try to boot into Installer. (Pic Below)

IMG_0021.JPG

So, I try to boot into safe mode. Everything looks good but then it just goes to a white screen with my mouse pointer (I can move it). I never get to the installation screen.

Anyone have the same problem? Any fixes.

My Mac App Store doesnt work on 10.6.8 so I am using the GM version.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 544
PURCHASED RETAIL ONLY. Right now this means the app from the AppStore. Do not expect support for any other installations.

1. I am a developer so I have the rights to have the rights to the GM version. It is not pirated.

2. To the people who are having the same problem: Are u using the app store version of the OS?

I got the GM up and running, but it wasn't using the method on this site. You'd have to create a bootable USB with the Lion basesystem mounted to it, then you must replace the packages alias with the folder. There's more to it, but if you want to install the GM there's guides on Google that will work.

cpukid said:
I got the GM up and running, but it wasn't using the method on this site. You'd have to create a bootable USB with the Lion basesystem mounted to it, then you must replace the packages alias with the folder. There's more to it, but if you want to install the GM there's guides on Google that will work.

I have tried that but when I try to boot from it I get some weird error message.
P.S. I dont have an 8 GB USB drive so I used my iPhone with an app from Cydia call USB drive. That might have been the problem.

But people with the app store version are having the same problem as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back