Contribute
Register

Problems getting into my Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problems booting after comboupdate, then with Network

I was having the same problem, not being able to boot without iBoot. Which was very frustrating, because the system will only recognize 4gb of ram when booting with iBoot. The way I got it to work was by installing the nVidia drivers from their website, rebooted, ran multibeast and changed my system definition to mac pro 3,1 (I was at 5,1 before), rebooted, then I added an efi string for my video card which i generated from osx86tools, set graphics enabler=no, rebooted, and it starts right up without iBoot. I'm still having the app store sign in issue though. Let me know if you find a fix for it. I tried everything suggested in these forums, but still no dice.

update: after some reading it seemed like people were having pretty good success just installing lion to this board, so I went ahead and tried that.

When I installed multibeast, it said installation failed and then gave me the forced power-off screen, but immediately following that the system booted from the hard drive and now also connects to the app store. Gonna keep testing and see if I run into any issues but I think this might be a neat and easy solution (at least for me)

update 2: booting is definitely not secure, if I don't boot from the lion usb I get kernel panic.

update 3: I think my error was actually in some minor multi beast settings, when I went back through this guide* and mimicked the install everything is booting normally. Boot from hdd is fine, app store sign in fine. Will be testing the firewire connection more extensively later. Bluetooth dongle fine. Haven't tested audio yet.

grab your userDSDT linked to your motherboard version from the DSDT_database. check your bios to see which F(version) you have.
Put that .AML file on your desktop.
start Multibeast.
select UserDSDT, System Utilities, and Realtek Gigabit Ethernet.
nothing else!! do not make the mistake that alot of people do by selecting stuff that is not needed :)

reboot.

then open up multibeast again and this time select the USB3.0 and system utilities.
(by now your usb3.0 and ethernet (en0) and firewire should work)

your network needs to be listed as (en0) if this is not the case.. there are other posts on this forums that explain how to fix this. once you have that fixed, download Champlist.app and use that to change the system serial, reboot and try to login to the Appstore. repeat this step untill you get access to the appstore.
it might take a few times but it should eventually give you a working system serial.

cheers!

:D indeed, I flashed to f9 bios because it seemed overwhelmingly that version worked best, then dropped in the dsdt from the database.

I think all my stuff is working with gordo's install order, but as soon as I hit a wall I will try your install order.

bumping because I have an issue with this same system, also edited title to reflect it:

I very stupidly ran auto-update on the system, absent-mindedly forgetting I was on this hackintosh and not a regular mac. It bricked it.

While trying the same method of install that I tried before, I am running into some issues.
- The only settings on my BIOS that let me access the hdd through Lion USB to either run utilities or install the OS, I need to flash F9 settings and then change only one thing: SATA must be on AHCI. Enabling any other setting causes it to hang indefinitely and I see a circle with a line through it over the apple logo.
- After installing the OS on these settings, booting even through the Lion USB hangs indefinitely. Changing the BIOS to the correct settings (like setting HPET to 64-bit, turning SATA to AHCI, etc) allows me to get into the OS install.
- If I set the BIOS correctly as above, the mobo doesn't detect the hdd. When I go into the BIOS and look, absolutely nothing plugged into SATA shows up.
- I can still boot into the OS install from the Lion USB while my mobo tells me it cannot find the hdd.

Essentially, I can get into the OS via Lion USB but this is not sufficient for my needs. System worked fine up until a week ago; every single thing on it worked.

clayasaurus said:
bumping because I have an issue with this same system, also edited title to reflect it:

I very stupidly ran auto-update on the system, absent-mindedly forgetting I was on this hackintosh and not a regular mac. It bricked it.

While trying the same method of install that I tried before, I am running into some issues.
- The only settings on my BIOS that let me access the hdd through Lion USB to either run utilities or install the OS, I need to flash F9 settings and then change only one thing: SATA must be on AHCI. Enabling any other setting causes it to hang indefinitely and I see a circle with a line through it over the apple logo.
- After installing the OS on these settings, booting even through the Lion USB hangs indefinitely. Changing the BIOS to the correct settings (like setting HPET to 64-bit, turning SATA to AHCI, etc) allows me to get into the OS install.
- If I set the BIOS correctly as above, the mobo doesn't detect the hdd. When I go into the BIOS and look, absolutely nothing plugged into SATA shows up.
- I can still boot into the OS install from the Lion USB while my mobo tells me it cannot find the hdd.

Essentially, I can get into the OS via Lion USB but this is not sufficient for my needs. System worked fine up until a week ago; every single thing on it worked.

REstore from Time Machine and rerun multibeast to install Chimera...You DO have a backup right? If not, lesson learned :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back