CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I apologize for what might be slightly off topic, but I'm desperate. I'm following Casey's golden z490 build except with a I7 10700) and have have been trying to assemble them. Right now I'm at the stage with the cpu, 1 stick m2 storage, 1 memory stick. When I hook up the power, I get a brief flash and nothing else. I've swapped motherboards, cpus, power supplies, M2 storage and memory DIMM. No difference. What am I doing wrong?

(for reference, I had no trouble building the flash drive for doing the install, but obviously I cant do that until I can get something to turn on.)

And yes I tried googling for this issue and got nowhere...

I hooked up the CPU fan also, but it made no difference, and the fan does not spin

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
I apologize for what might be slightly off topic, but I'm desperate. I'm following Casey's golden z490 build except with a I7 10700) and have have been trying to assemble them. Right now I'm at the stage with the cpu, 1 stick m2 storage, 1 memory stick. When I hook up the power, I get a brief flash and nothing else. I've swapped motherboards, cpus, power supplies, M2 storage and memory DIMM. No difference. What am I doing wrong?

(for reference, I had no trouble building the flash drive for doing the install, but obviously I cant do that until I can get something to turn on.)

And yes I tried googling for this issue and got nowhere...

I hooked up the CPU fan also, but it made no difference, and the fan does not spin
Are you sure you have everything connected correctly?

If the CPU fan does not spin and you are certain that you have connected everything correctly, in my experience this usually means that your motherboard may have a hardware problem that prevent it from powering up, or there is a problem with your power supply.

When you say you have swapped motherboards / CPUs / power supplies, do you mean that you have returned and gotten a replacement?

Yes, I shipped the motherboard back and got a replacement. No change. I cant believe doing something this simple is giving me problems. I built my previous hack without any issues, and it's still running.

FWIW I got help on ******. Since the Vision D doesnt have a motherboard power button, you have to short the power pins to test. Once I figured that out, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back