Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I followed the easy instructions and installed Snow Leopard onto my PC.

I don't have a Gigabyte motherboard, but I do have an MSI G41M-P25 motherboard, with an Intel E5400 processor and 2GB RAM.

The installation goes fine, and then I install the 10.6.6 update, then Multibeast (Easybeast). When I reboot without iBoot, the Apple screen hangs for several minutes. I try restarting with -v, -x -v, -f -v, and all stop loading at FakeSMCDevice 17 devices added.

When booting with the iBoot Legacy (I haven't tried with iBoot), OSX boots with no need for keys, detecting everything except for my Linksys PCI Wireless-N card (which I don't mind too much as I will probably just get an ethernet switch to connect my computers upstairs with.

Anyway, how can I solve the problem of booting without the CD?

Re: Problems booting after Multibeast install

I don't have a Gigabyte motherboard, but I do have an MSI G41M-P25 motherboard, with an Intel E5400 processor and 2GB RAM.

The installation goes fine, and then I install the 10.6.6 update, then Multibeast (Easybeast). When I reboot without iBoot, the Apple screen hangs for several minutes. I try restarting with -v, -x -v, -f -v, and all stop loading at FakeSMCDevice 17 devices added.

When booting with the iBoot Legacy (I haven't tried with iBoot), OSX boots with no need for keys, detecting everything except for my Linksys PCI Wireless-N card (which I don't mind too much as I will probably just get an ethernet switch to connect my computers upstairs with.

first things first go back and check your bios setup disable both serial ports/lpt1/power management set to s3 enable 64bit.download new iboot2.7/multibeast3.3 both of these work tested on spare hdd.boot with iboot and do software update reboot.install multibeast/easybeast make sure you select right partition.will need graphicsenabler=yes@pcirootuid=1 for video card use dvi cable.dont need kext for lan works oob=out of box. cant make it any easier than that

Well I tried again (about 20 times) to install OSX, still using iBoot Legacy, but each time the installer would start, let me select what I wanted to install and then after 15 minutes just reboot.

I put Ubuntu back on the drive, and interestingly, whenever I try to do anything that puts a significant amount of data onto that drive, it fails so hard that the system completely hangs.

I'm burning iBoot 2.7 at work today though and getting a brand new drive to see if that will help. (Which is a bummer, because that's a 1TB drive that looks to be near dead :()

I found my problem, theres an overclock switch on the motherboard phyeically and the damned thing was running at 3.6GHz rather than 2.7!

Changed that and the install worked... just getting it updated and then we should be all good again :)

stehor said:

first things first go back and check your bios setup disable both serial ports/lpt1/power management set to s3 enable 64bit.download new iboot2.7/multibeast3.3 both of these work tested on spare hdd.boot with iboot and do software update reboot.install multibeast/easybeast make sure you select right partition.will need graphicsenabler=yes@pcirootuid=1 for video card use dvi cable.dont need kext for lan works oob=out of box. cant make it any easier than that

Thanks for the reply, I too am having this problem.

But, I apologize in advance, I cant really understand what the last part of your reply was, can you please clarify. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back