Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi!

I'm using an external USB Sound Blaster on my hack since a lot of time, and it is some months I have a problem.

When I boot my hack sometimes all goes well, other times I hear just clicks, cracks and bad sounds...then I unplug and replug the USB cable and all goes fine until I switch the PC off and on again...

I changed the USB sound card with a different model thinking it was its fault and it happens the same!!! So I think it's a software problem...! The strange thing is that it does that only some times... let's say every 2 or 3 times I boot. If it boots ok, then it remains, if it boots badly I have to unplug and replug the USB cable and then it all goes well...!

Any ideas?

I'm having similar trouble with my Firewire audio interface. I used to get crackles but now it's just sound drops.

It could either be the drivers playing up and needing a reset or a dodgy sound card.

Whilst it's making the crackle noises open up a Console window and see if you get any error messages, may help in further identifying the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back