Contribute
Register

Problem with Updating the System (since Big-Sur 11.2).

@Feartech : I'm a happy pup. Received and installed a new Western Digital NVMe drive last night and used Carbon Copy Cloner's "Legacy" bootable option to clone my Monterey startup drive, then copied the EFI folder from my startup drive and applied your suggested fixes. Reset CMOS and NVRAM, then booted successfully from the NVMe into Monterey. Only "issue" was that the OpenCore boot drive picker confusingly showed the NVME drive's name as the same as the drive I cloned it from. Applied the Ventura 13.0.1 upgrade and went to bed.

When I woke this morning, I was able to log into Ventura and test my webcam's video and microphone. I'll test it more tonight, but everything seems to be working well. Plus, the Ventura upgrade resulted in the NVMe drive showing in the OpenCore boot picker with its proper name.

Much, much thanks and appreciation for all your help!

@Feartech : I'm a happy pup. Received and installed a new Western Digital NVMe drive last night and used Carbon Copy Cloner's "Legacy" bootable option to clone my Monterey startup drive, then copied the EFI folder from my startup drive and applied your suggested fixes. Reset CMOS and NVRAM, then booted successfully from the NVMe into Monterey. Only "issue" was that the OpenCore boot drive picker confusingly showed the NVME drive's name as the same as the drive I cloned it from. Applied the Ventura 13.0.1 upgrade and went to bed.

When I woke this morning, I was able to log into Ventura and test my webcam's video and microphone. I'll test it more tonight, but everything seems to be working well. Plus, the Ventura upgrade resulted in the NVMe drive showing in the OpenCore boot picker with its proper name.

Much, much thanks and appreciation for all your help!
nice! glad it worked! :)

nice! glad it worked! :)

Got to testing it more tonight. Bluetooth was working in Monterey but is borked for now. I've read that it's not specific to my configuration and that Bluetooth still hasn't been fully worked out in the BrcmPatchRAM releases, so no big surprise. I can wait. :)

Update: After further testing, my wireless network speed is very erratic. Also, Backblaze doesn't seem to be compatible with Ventura yet. I don't have time to troubleshoot, but at least I've proven that it can work in concept for me.

Last edited:
Back