Contribute
Register

Problem with sleep after a few hours "sleeping".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
This is on my desktop.

The scenario is like this. At night I manually put the pc to sleep, but on the morning the pc is ON but without video. I hard reset by the button but it won't post, the same happen if I manually turn it off.

I have to clear the bios by jumper in order to get it to post/boot again.

When the pc boots chimera reports this.
Resuming from encrypted image is unsupported.
Uncheck "use security virtual memory" in "Security"pane on system preferences.
Press any key to proceed with normal boot.

This only happen after some hours of been sleeping, if i manually put the pc to sleep and press any key 1 hour later everything is fine.

looking at console warning

Here is what i found.

Code:
May 24 04:44:41 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
May 24 04:44:41 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: The USB device USB HID (Port 1 of Hub at 0x14600000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
May 24 04:44:41 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 4 of Hub at 0x14600000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
May 24 04:45:40 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
May 24 06:45:37 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: The USB device USB HID (Port 1 of Hub at 0x14600000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
May 24 06:46:35 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
May 24 08:46:33 Carloss-DeskPro kernel[0]: The USB device USB HID (Port 1 of Hub at 0x14600000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

So any idea what's going on ??

Try to disable autopoweroff ... had sleep Problems an it was solved with this ...

Autopower off ? you mean by this ?

Code:
[FONT=Verdana]sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0[/FONT]

Well after checking everything i saw that on energy saver menu Wake for Network access was checked. So I disabled that. Let's see if tomorrow morning is still sleeping or still have insomnia lol.. then I will try your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back