Contribute
Register

problem with shutdown and displayport - GB z390 aorus pro wifi - Multibeast or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed Mojave on the following. Shutdown and DisplayPort signal from the video card (hdmi is fine) are not working.

Mobo: Gigabyt z390 Aorus Pro Wifi (f6 bios)
CPU: i9 9900k
Ram: 32 gb 2400 Crucial 16x2
GPU: MSI rx 580

Checked the Bios settings:

MIT> Adv Mem Settings > XMP > Profile 1
BIOS > CSM Support > Enabled
Peripherals > USB Config > Legacy USB Support > Enabled
Peripherals > USB Config > XHCI Handoff > Enabled
Chipset > VT-d > Disabled
Chipset > Internal gpu > Auto
Chipset > Wake on LAN Enable > Disabled
Power > ERP > Enabled

I used Unibeast (which used Clover 4862 boot loader). It was necessary to alter the config.plist that Unibeast created in order to install. Based on others’ posts, and a lot of trial and error, I eventually succeeded with the following changes:

boot arguments
dart=0
nv_disable=1
darkwake=0
-lilubetaall

Rt Variables
CsrActiveConfig = 0x67

SMBIOS
Product name = iMac18,3

Files in efi/clover/drivers64UEFI
apfsDriverLoader-64
AptioMemoryFix-64
AudioDxe-64
DataHubDxe-64
FSInject-64
PartitionDxe-64
SMCHelper-64
VBoxHfs-64

files in efi/clover/kexts/other
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen

After logging into Mojave, I ran Multibeast.

Quick start > Clover UEFI Boot mode
Drivers > Audio > 100/200/300 Series Audio Support (HDAS-> HDEF)
Drivers > Misc >FakeSMC
Drivers > Misc >FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc >FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
Drivers > USB >USBInjectAll
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 18,3
Customize > Graphics > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen

Unfortunately, it becomes difficult to understand the effect of every little change with so many variables. At this point, I noticed that booting from the hard drive, the clover Bootloader was older (47__) than with the USB. Also, the Boot arguments were not the same as what I used on the USB drive. I believe the only thing listed was dart=0. But, it mostly worked.

First, I tried to get the DisplayPort cable to work from the gpu without success. In attempting to fix this, I installed newer versions of whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext using Kextbeast. Older versions were installed by Multibeast. No success.

Second, I tried to fix Shutdown, so I proceeded to try numerous changes. From my recollection, simply selecting Fixshutdown and Halt Enabler in Clover (on either the hard drive or USB) did not solve the problem.

In addition, I did the following according to : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-shutdown-reboot.267582/
  1. enabled slide=0 field (boot) in Clover Configurator
  2. removed AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  3. added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  4. restart system

Now that I am writing this, I wonder if I should have unselected fixshutdown and haltenabler after these changes? Nonetheless, booting from USB worked! I was optimistic.

However, i could not boot from the hard drive. I think I was getting the stop sign error. So, I added the same boot arguments that were on the USB. This caused the system to proceed through the boot very very slowly, and even then, the system typically halted or crashed. I was only able to get into Mojave a couple times, but then the system would always freeze and I would have to do a hard restart.

I noticed Multibeast has an option which also included using emuvariableuefi-64 and osxaptiofix2drv, so I tried that (grabbing at straws at this point).

Quick start > Clover UEFI Boot + emulated NVRAM

I had identical results as to when I had altered the hard drive Config.plist.

I have tried so many things, and I am confused, getting nowhere, so I reinstalled Mojave out of concern I had altered the install too much.

I have not run Multibeast as of yet. I don’t want to compound problems.

1. Shall I run Multibeast? IF so, what settings?
  2. Perhaps I should copy my USB EFI folder to the hard drive and bypass Multibeast?
  3. I don’t understand why the hard drive boot does not work while the USB does, when using identical settings.

I am looking for guidance. Thank you.

I reverted back to the EFI folder that Multibeast created upon my initial successful install which uses the clover 4769 bootloader. I cannot reliably boot into Mojave. I have tried numerous changes to the boot arguments. They sometimes work, but not always. I don't understand what is going on. At the moment, the site won't let me upload my phone pics right now. They are .heic files.

I performed the following steps.

1. With only boot flag dart=0 - boots
  2. In ACPI section in Clover Configurator, I selected haltenabler and fixshutdown - system reboots but doesn’t shutdown
  3. reboot - add boot argument slide=0, removed aptiomemoryfix-64, added emuvariableuefi-64 and osxaptiofix2drv-64 into the drivers64uefi folder - reboots and shutdown successful
  4. reboot - it HANGS, error 1
end randomseed
error allocating 0x11968 pages
couldn’t allocate runtime area
5. added arg- nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it HANGS error 2
error!! load prelinked kernel with status 0x8000000000009
error loading kernel cache 0x9
  1. reboot - it loads to mojave
  2. reboot - Hangs
  3. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - boots
  4. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs (5 times in a row)
  5. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it boots
  6. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it boots
  7. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it hangs
  8. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs
  9. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs
  10. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it boots
  11. reboot - added usekernelcache=no - hangs
  12. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it boots
  13. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it boots
  14. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it boots
  15. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it hangs!! (typo?)
  16. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it hangs!
  17. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it hangs (error 1)
  18. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs (error 2)
  19. reboot - added usekernelcache=no nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it hangs
  20. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) it hangs
  21. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs
  22. reboot - added nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs
  23. reboot - no added arguments (only dart=0 -v slide=0) - hangs error 2
  24. reboot - added temp nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - hangs error 1
  25. reboot - added temp nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it boots
  26. reboot - added temp nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -lilubetaall - it boots
  27. I will now make permanent changes to config.plist and see what happens

These are images of the boot arguments, the errors during boot, and a verbose screenshot during successful shutdow. If needed, I can upload config.plist tonight. My system did not reboot when I added the boot arguments to the config file.

Attachments

• EE7E3AB7-23A7-4C0F-A11C-9EAE3A6AECAE.jpeg
    EE7E3AB7-23A7-4C0F-A11C-9EAE3A6AECAE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • DE95C5DF-FB90-497F-82EF-A68DB822B87A.jpeg
    DE95C5DF-FB90-497F-82EF-A68DB822B87A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 054B3177-446F-4A0B-AF53-85B819F658D5.jpeg
    054B3177-446F-4A0B-AF53-85B819F658D5.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 39E4624F-5F57-429A-89AB-848C6C60042B.jpeg
    39E4624F-5F57-429A-89AB-848C6C60042B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
These are images of the boot arguments, the errors during boot, and a verbose screenshot during successful shutdow. If needed, I can upload config.plist tonight. My system did not reboot when I added the boot arguments to the config file.

In your System Profile there is NO Nvidia Graphics.
Boot Flag relating to NVIDIA is Totally unnecessary
nv_disable=1 tells CLOVER that the Nvidia Card in PCIE found enabled by BIOS POST, must be Disabled.
If there is NO Nvidia card in PCIE slot of the Motherboard, the BIOS can't 'detect' and therefore can't 'initialize' during Power On Self Test.
CLOVER need not be informed about a non-existent Nvidia Graphics card and reminded to ignore it with nv_disable=1 boot flag any more!
I think Mojave Unibeast's CLOVER/config.plist must get rid of [√] nv_disable=1 as the current Nvidia PCIE Cards that are not natively supported and required Web drivers in macOS High Sierra are NO longer supported with Nvidia Web drivers in macOSMojave anyway and are better REMOVED from that PCIE Slot while waiting for the 'fight' between Nvidia and Apple to end in a 'truce' and the owners of expensive Nvidia cards allowed to use them in Hackintosh Mojave! At present they are high priced paper weights on the Motherboards of Mojave Hackintosh.

nv_disable=1 plays NO beneficial or detrimental role in the booting of your system listed in your profile.

Thank you for your response. I have removed nv_disable=1 from my boot arguments. I thought I didn't need it, but at one point, it must have been been added coincidently with a successful boot and I therefore thought it mattered.

SHUTDOWN is solved and system boots. It was entirely user error. I went back and checked my process. It turns out that I mistakenly added osxaptiofix2drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi! UGH!

I think I was misled because OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is not listed in Clover Configurator as an optional driver.

I searched google and downloaded it from https://github.com/koush/EFI-X99/blob/master/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

I copied it to my /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and system boots perfectly and shuts down.

I have removed the "usekernelcache=no" argument as well (it makes no difference in booting).

I have left "darkwake=0". I don't want to mess with that right now.

Displayport output from the videocard does not work. There is only output visible on the monitor through part of the boot. The log in screen for Mojave does not show up. Hopefully someone has thoughts about this.

Thank you for your response. I have removed nv_disable=1 from my boot arguments. I thought I didn't need it, but at one point, it must have been been added coincidently with a successful boot and I therefore thought it mattered.

SHUTDOWN is solved and system boots. It was entirely user error. I went back and checked my process. It turns out that I mistakenly added osxaptiofix2drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi! UGH!

I think I was misled because OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is not listed in Clover Configurator as an optional driver.

I searched google and downloaded it from https://github.com/koush/EFI-X99/blob/master/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

I copied it to my /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and system boots perfectly and shuts down.

I have removed the "usekernelcache=no" argument as well (it makes no difference in booting).

Displayport output from the videocard does not work. There is only output visible on the monitor through part of the boot. The log in screen for Mojave does not show up. Hopefully someone has thoughts about this.
Reading your post has finally fixed my shut down issues. I've tried everything and almost gave up trying. Thanks for the help.

I'm using macos 10.15.4 and motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ultra i need you help to fix Audio and Wi-Fi Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back