EVGA GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone !
I built a few months ago my first hackintosh, everything was fine with the installation, but I notice a few problems, the most inconvenient being a terrible noise with skype.
Not for me, but for the people I'm talking with. Everything is fine at the beginning of the talk, and randomly, they don't hear anything except a tonk-tonk-tonk (described as a steam train sound).
I tried many things, included to change the frequency for the mic in MIDI configuration, setting the logitech as the input peripheral in FaceTime, and the sudo kill all audior (sorry, it's from memory).
Only the kill audio thing work, but only temporarily (often, I have to do that every 2-3 minutes).
Do you have any durable solution for this audio problem ?

In addition, sometimes, when I restart my computer, it crash/block when it display the black cursor (I cannot move it on the screen). I can only restart again and hope it will be good.... :(
Despite it is very annoying, it is a minor problem for me, but the webcam problem is far more annoying.... :confused:

Thank you in advance for your help !

I tried to boot from a test USB stick using Clover, and the problem with the webcam is still here.
I think I will make a fresh installation of EL Capitan using Clover on a new SSD (initially planned to host Ubuntu or Windows).
Any advice to avoid this problem, any option to check or enter during the installation process ?
Thank you very much in advance !

PS : for both the Yosemite and El Capitan, I followed the official guide found on this website ;-)

Maybe you have an issue with audio control. I have a C920 and works mostly fine on both Yosemite and El Capitan. Video and audio quality is high, I didn't have to install anything else. The only issue that I have is sometimes the camera does not wake from sleep, so I have to unplug it and plug again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back