Graphics
Nvidia 9500GT 1GB DDR2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i have OS X ML 10.8.4 to my system in a SSD and everything works great. Today i installed a Fedora 18 in another HDD. The problem is that chimera does not recognise the hdd so in order to boot in Fedora i must change boot priority to the hdds from BIOS. This is very uncomfortable as i'll use both operating systems every day. Apart from that, when i boot to ML, a message appears that saying:
the disk you inserted in not readable by this computer

What i want to do is to remove this message (actually not to display it) and if it possible to appear the Linux HDD to chimera.
Thank you in advance.

I have same issue with Fedora 18 not being recognized by Chimera when installed on separate HDD, whereas Ubuntu worked fine when installed on separate HDD.

I ended up getting it to work in an accidental way. I installed Fedora on clean HDD using a /boot partition for GRUB (it wasn't working installing GRUB in the root partition like I had successfully done with Ubuntu). To get Chimera to see the HDD just create some small extra partition on the drive formatted to FAT 32 (NTFS I would think works too, but I used FAT 32). It now shows up in the boot menu as "Windows FAT 32", but when I select it it flashes a message about "No Bootable Operating System" but then quickly boots to GRUB where I can successfully boot into Fedora. Might work for you too.

Not exactly a correct method but it works for me until I can figure out how to get Fedora 18's installer to set up like Ubuntu.

in order to understand right, after you installed fedora on a seperate HDD, you created a new FAT32 Partition on that HDD and now chimera and OS X recognize this partition? I don't care that much if chimera doesn't boot directly to Fedora. I can stand if chimera then switch to GRUB. It way better than now that i must change the HDD priority from BIOS.

So must I install fedora from scratch to a ext3 partition and I will see the partition both on chimera and OS X?

Is there any program to allow me to read on ext 3 format on OS X?

What i did is to replace Fedora 18 with Linux Mint 15. I had the same problem. So i reinstalled Mint and created all partitions myself including that extra FAT32 partition. I created that extra partition as the first partition of the disk. Now chimera recognise the linux installation without any problem and when i choose it, it goes right into the Mint. No errors at all. Also OS X recognise that FAT32 partition and the stopped showing that annoing message that the disk was not readable. I forgot to mention that the other partitions now are ext3. In order to make it to work i combined both solutions.

Thank you all for your suggestion.

PS:Maybe now the same trick work with Fedora 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back