Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3
CPU
i5-2405S
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, with the apple keyboard usb plugged in at boot my system hang up at post and reboot constantly, but if i unplug the keyboard all go fine.
Some other guys has the same problem?

I've had some strange behavior too with the USBs. For example, a bluetooth adapter connected to one of the keyboard slots (apple -numeric USB) was giving me a low power warning in windows but not osx.

Never had your problem though.

Update to the latest bios and then try a different slot. Make sure your DSDT is correct.

I found my peace by using my monitor's hub which seems powered by the monitor and I 've put 4 devices on it without a hiccup.

If you can't figure it out and decide to buy your way out, perhaps an external POWERED usb hub might be the solution.

Hello i've removed the apple white usb extensions cable that came with the keyboard and the system now boot correctly with the apple keyboard connected.

Like I suspected, it is a USB power issue. Though, I was using before another USB extension which was longer than the Apple one. Try my previous suggestions....

Have you updated to 10.6.2 with the vanilla kernel? This solved my USB hanging problems on boot. And it was not a power issue. All I had to do is reboot with the components plugged into different ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back