i7-4790
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I thought I'd ask...
In Mojave, with both EFI Mounter v3 and v3.1, when I run the program and the window opens I get this:
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 4.05.31 PM.png

Notice that it doesn't list disk4s1. Because of that, I can't use it to mount my EFI partition. I've only noticed this on Mojave, and only by removing all drives except the boot drive can I make this work. Then and only then will it show the boot drive and allow me to select it on the window. It worked well with High Sierra and previous OS versions, and I'm at a loss. I was hoping that v3.1 would sort things out but no.

I'm aware I can use Clover Configurator &etc but... Has anyone else had this problem?

Sheesh...answered my own question. disk4s1 is synthesized. I really don't like APFS.

Sheesh...answered my own question. disk4s1 is synthesized. I really don't like APFS.

Relatedly, I find the output of diskutil confusing for APFS with respect to synthesized disks. They should make it clear somehow which physical disk a synthetic disk was a part of.

I know what you mean. Given the issues they've had with APFS it's clear it was not quite ready for prime time. I was somewhat surprised that no one responded to my original post and after 3 weeks I decided that I was going to have to dig a little deeper to figure it out. Talk about embarrassed when I realized the disk was synthesized...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back