Contribute
Register

Problem with dual GPU Intel hd 5500 and AMD Radeon R7 M360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Notebook
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics
Intel HD 5500, AMD Radeon R7 M360 dual GPU
Hello everyone,
This is my very first post in this community. Somehow I managed to install high sierra on my HP Pavilion Notebook core i3 5010u but I am having problems with post installations. My graphics cards are not working and it is only showing 7mb graphics memory in about mac. I have two GPUs and I don't know if disabling the AMD will help and also how to disable the AMD one and leave only the intel one in the processor ( There is no option for disabling graphics in BIOS and whenever I tried to inject intel with fake ID my system kept restarting and I had to reinstall high sierra). Tech Labs referred me to this link
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
But I couldn't make use of the information as I am still new to Hackintosh. I managed to fix sound but it is too slow and I don't know how to fix it. Also, I have trackpad problems. No trackpad found in settings (I am using Synaptics SMBus TouchPad). I want to know which version of mac os is best for my laptop and is there any solution for Graphics, slow sound and trackpad. I want to get rid of Windows as soon as possible because I am bored with it. I am attaching my specs someone please help me with these issues. I would really appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello everyone,
This is my very first post in this community. Somehow I managed to install high sierra on my HP Pavilion Notebook core i3 5010u but I am having problems with post installations. My graphics cards are not working and it is only showing 7mb graphics memory in about mac. I have two GPUs and I don't know if disabling the AMD will help and also how to disable the AMD one and leave only the intel one in the processor ( There is no option for disabling graphics in BIOS and whenever I tried to inject intel with fake ID my system kept restarting and I had to reinstall high sierra). Tech Labs referred me to this link
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
But I couldn't make use of the information as I am still new to Hackintosh. I managed to fix sound but it is too slow and I don't know how to fix it. Also, I have trackpad problems. No trackpad found in settings (I am using Synaptics SMBus TouchPad). I want to know which version of mac os is best for my laptop and is there any solution for Graphics, slow sound and trackpad. I want to get rid of Windows as soon as possible because I am bored with it. I am attaching my specs someone please help me with these issues. I would really appreciate any help.
Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back