Contribute
Register

Problem with dual boot windows 7 and yosemite on same HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z97x ud3h bk rev 1.1
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia gtx 970 HOF
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,
It's been a week since I started to try to make my own hackintosh, I tried a lot of things but none worked.
Here's my problem.

After making a bootable pendrive using Unibeast, I installed yosemite following the guide on this forum on how to install os x and windows on the same HDD ([Guide] Dual Booting Mountain Lion and Windows 8).
Once I installed and configured both systems I came back to yosemite to install the bootloader using Multibeast (used also for kexts). Then I restart my computer and remove the usb pendrive.
What I get at restart is this message:
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I did a research on this forum and on google and some people resolved this jusy by installing the bootloader into the EFI partition of OS X(Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition).

So I tried to do the same thing and once I reboot I get this message:

Loading Operating System …

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

To fix this I followed the guide in this forum (
boot0 Error: The Official Guide) but once I restart "reboot and select proper boot device" appears again.

Any solutions? Please help me.. Other guys with same hardware installed OS X without any problem.
I don't know why I get all this errors.

i7 4770k
Asrock z97 extreme 4
HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda
8gb ram 1600mhz
970 gtx g1

FarCon, how did you format your USB boot drive? (i.e. with a mac or win machine? I will try to help the best I can but I am a Noob myself but have been able to get myself up and running but run my system off two SSD's one for Yosemite and on for Win 8.1.

MOCS

I used a virtual machine with mavericks on Windows.

Will it boot if you use the Function key hotkey to select a boot device at boot? If you can select the drive and it boots then your BIOS hard drive BBS priority is set incorrectly. Boot drive must be first in BBS boot order.

No it won't.
I just have 1tb hdd splitted in 2 partitions, on the first one there's yosemite, on the second one Windows.

No it won't.
I just have 1tb hdd splitted in 2 partitions, on the first one there's yosemite, on the second one Windows.
So, you can boot with the UniBeast USB and select either OS X or Windows and both will boot, but you can not get it to boot from the HDD - is that a fair statement of the problem?

What is make and model of the HDD? If it is 1TB WD Green suggest you use that for storage only and get a WD Black or a HGST HDD - even a Seagate would be better.

Hello guys,
It's been a week since I started to try to make my own hackintosh, I tried a lot of things but none worked.
Here's my problem.

After making a bootable pendrive using Unibeast, I installed yosemite following the guide on this forum on how to install os x and windows on the same HDD ([Guide] Dual Booting Mountain Lion and Windows 8).
Once I installed and configured both systems I came back to yosemite to install the bootloader using Multibeast (used also for kexts). Then I restart my computer and remove the usb pendrive.
What I get at restart is this message:
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I did a research on this forum and on google and some people resolved this jusy by installing the bootloader into the EFI partition of OS X(Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition).

So I tried to do the same thing and once I reboot I get this message:

Loading Operating System …

boot0: error

To fix this I followed the guide in this forum (
boot0 Error: The Official Guide) but once I restart "reboot and select proper boot device" appears again.

Any solutions? Please help me.. Other guys with same hardware installed OS X without any problem.
I don't know why I get all this errors.

i7 4770k
Asrock z97 extreme 4
HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda
8gb ram 1600mhz
970 gtx g1

Instead of Multibeast use CLOVER as your bootloader. You can eliminate the boot0 error with CLOVER

So, you can boot with the UniBeast USB and select either OS X or Windows and both will boot, but you can not get it to boot from the HDD - is that a fair statement of the problem?

What is make and model of the HDD? If it is 1TB WD Green suggest you use that for storage only and get a WD Black or a HGST HDD - even a Seagate would be better.

Yes that's right. I have a Seagate Barracuda 1tb.

Do I need to reinstall everything from scratch using clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back