Graphics
Intel HD4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I've successfully installed yosemite in my laptop (where i have windows 8.1 booting with uefi) following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

and i've reached the yosemite desktop without problem. Now i must do the first step, which is install clover. I've read that in my target hdd i must do only one partition for Yosemite, because clover will install in the hidden efi partition. I've tried to install it but it has made the installation in my Yosemite partition. I think that it must go to the efi partition, right? How can i install clover correctly? thanks a lot:thumbup:

Hi! I've successfully installed yosemite in my laptop (where i have windows 8.1 booting with uefi) following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

and i've reached the yosemite desktop without problem. Now i must do the first step, which is install clover. I've read that in my target hdd i must do only one partition for Yosemite, because clover will install in the hidden efi partition. I've tried to install it but it has made the installation in my Yosemite partition. I think that it must go to the efi partition, right? How can i install clover correctly? thanks a lot:thumbup:

You need to go into Custom install and choose the UEFI option in the Clover installer.

The "Install Location" should be the partition that OS X is installed on (Clover actually puts a couple of files there). Select Custom Install and make sure that "Install in the ESP"** and "Install Clover for UEFI Booting only" are selected.

**ESP = Extended Services Partition = EFI Partition

-bth

Ok thanks i've done it...i have to rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and now is working...but i have a lot of choise...now for the OSX side i have
-Boot recovery from Recovery Hd
-Boot mac os x from osx_yosemite

and for the windows 8.1 side i have
-boot microsoft efi boot menu from lrs_esp
-boot microsoft efi boot menu from system_drv
-boot windows from legacy hd1
-boot windows from legacy hd5
-boot windows from legacy hd8
-boot windows from legacy hd9
-boot windows from legacy hd10

Isn't possible to have only two choise (windows or osx)??? and isn't possible to rename the two option?

Ok thanks i've done it...i have to rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and now is working...but i have a lot of choise...now for the OSX side i have
-Boot recovery from Recovery Hd
-Boot mac os x from osx_yosemite

and for the windows 8.1 side i have
-boot microsoft efi boot menu from lrs_esp
-boot microsoft efi boot menu from system_drv
-boot windows from legacy hd1
-boot windows from legacy hd5
-boot windows from legacy hd8
-boot windows from legacy hd9
-boot windows from legacy hd10

Isn't possible to have only two choise (windows or osx)??? and isn't possible to rename the two option?

In the config.plist section for 'Scan', set Legacy to <false/> and it should remove all of the legacy HD references. You can "hide" any remaining partitions that you don't want to see (see Clover Wiki).

-bth

Ok i'll read the wiki to find what i need...but now i've see an issues...after i setted clover well, i boot in windows using "microsoft efi boot menu from system_drv" and it boot in windows really fast, but after a reboot i can't see clover...:cry: windows boot automatically and i'm able to boot yosemite only via usb installer...what can be the problem? windows has reset the efi partition? how can i "re-enable" clover?

Ok i'll read the wiki to find what i need...but now i've see an issues...after i setted clover well, i boot in windows using "microsoft efi boot menu from system_drv" and it boot in windows really fast, but after a reboot i can't see clover...:cry: windows boot automatically and i'm able to boot yosemite only via usb installer...what can be the problem? windows has reset the efi partition? how can i "re-enable" clover?

Rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. It is likely a Windows update updated the file.

Are you using only one HDD/SDD in your laptop? I originally had OS X and Windows 8.1 Pro (legacy BIOS mode) on the same drive and it was pretty easy. I had some issues getting OS X and Windows 8.1 (UEFI) to co-exist on the same drive. When I tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 UEFI, I had similar issues in that once I booted into Windows 8.1 for the first time with Clover, it would boot straight into Windows every time after that.

I resorted to reinstallation of Win8.1 from DVD, assuming that it would install in legacy BIOS mode. When it had finished, it had installed another EFI partition on the drive (along with an MSR and another empty partition). Clover is still on the "original" EFI partition (called EFI), but the Microsoft bootmgfw.efi and other Windows related boot files got installed in the "new" EFI partition (called NO NAME). The machine boots Clover from the original EFI partition but sees the Microsoft bootloader in the new EFI partition and Windows boots in UEFI mode.

-bth

i've solved renaming it via windows...probably if i rename it via osx, when windows boot it replace the files that it sees changed...

i've seen that my ethernet card is not recognized....then i go to clover configurator, load the config plist and i've checked "Fix Lan"...after a reboot i'm unable to boot and if i enter in verbose mode it doesn't show anything...where can be the problem? i must replace the efi/clover/config.plist with the default one (the one that i've choose also for the usb installer)?

and how can i fix the ethernet problem?

i've not well understand clover...:|

i've solved renaming it via windows...probably if i rename it via osx, when windows boot it replace the files that it sees changed...

i've seen that my ethernet card is not recognized....then i go to clover configurator, load the config plist and i've checked "Fix Lan"...after a reboot i'm unable to boot and if i enter in verbose mode it doesn't show anything...where can be the problem? i must replace the efi/clover/config.plist with the default one (the one that i've choose also for the usb installer)?

and how can i fix the ethernet problem?

i've not well understand clover...:|
'Fix Lan' doesn't mean it will actually fix it, it is a replacement for a manual DSDT patch. If your hardware is not supported then it will not work.
Check to see what you have by using 'DPCIManager'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back