Contribute
Register

Problem with Clover. Can't get to Installation. Prohibited sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to install El Capitan onto one of the Samsung SSD's in my computer from a PYN 2.0 USB drive. I followed the installation guid on here and have reached the first page (first image). I moved my mouse over to External and pressed enter. I had the apple logo with a loading bar under it. The bar reached about halfway and then either I get the prohibited sign (second image) or it restarts back to the first page, if I try it again then I get the prohibited sign right away. I tried to boot in verbose, safe, and single user verbose modes and I received the Boot failed error seen in the picture below (third image). I posted my setting so you all can see them (forth image). I tried with and without cpus=1 and had the same result. I was reading that there might be a problem reading the USB 2.0 thumb drive and that is why I get the prohibited sign after the apple logo.

Any help would be great and the sooner the better. I need the computer up and running to work on video projects over the next week or so. I am pretty new to all computer building and especially hackintoshing although I am learning a lot fast with the numerous problems and errors I have run into (this is the farthest I have gotten in the process).

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 137
I am trying to install El Capitan onto one of the Samsung SSD's in my computer from a PYN 2.0 USB drive. I followed the installation guid on here and have reached the first page (first image). I moved my mouse over to External and pressed enter. I had the apple logo with a loading bar under it. The bar reached about halfway and then either I get the prohibited sign (second image) or it restarts back to the first page, if I try it again then I get the prohibited sign right away. I tried to boot in verbose, safe, and single user verbose modes and I received the Boot failed error seen in the picture below (third image). I posted my setting so you all can see them (forth image). I tried with and without cpus=1 and had the same result. I was reading that there might be a problem reading the USB 2.0 thumb drive and that is why I get the prohibited sign after the apple logo.

Any help would be great and the sooner the better. I need the computer up and running to work on video projects over the next week or so. I am pretty new to all computer building and especially hackintoshing although I am learning a lot fast with the numerous problems and errors I have run into (this is the farthest I have gotten in the process).
Try with -v nv_disable=1 and dart=0 if VTd is not disabeled in bios.

Try with -v nv_disable=1 and dart=0 if VTd is not disabeled in bios.

That seemed to help a lot. Odd I did try those boot flags but in a different order (dart=0 -v nv_disable=1) does order matter? It seemed to work in the order you gave me.

Also VT-d has been disabled this whole time.

I was able to get into El Capitain to the point of reformatting my SSD drive and then start the installation (new image 1). It completed and then auto restarted (like it was suppose to). I hit F12 after the restart which brought me to the boot device page and I clicked on the "Clover start boot.efi at USB install" (new image 2) and it brought me to the new image 3. I clicked on the HFS which has the El Capitan in it and the it went to the apple logo again with the loading bar under it. This time the bar made it to about 90% and then the computer restarted. When I tried to do it again it took me to the prohibited sign again. I manually restarted it and tried the boot flags you gave me above and I received the error in the original post's picture number 3.

PS. I'm not sure if this matters but I want to give any useful information I can. All 6 of my USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard are not working (I had my mouse and keyboard plugged into them) When the installation happened they stopped working. I un plugged the keyboard and mouse and put them in the USB 3.0 port on the front of my case. The installation thumb drive is plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports on the front of the case. It seems like the only USB ports that are working are the 4 on the front of the case.

Attachments

• IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 138
That seemed to help a lot. Odd I did try those boot flags but in a different order (dart=0 -v nv_disable=1) does order matter? It seemed to work in the order you gave me.

Also VT-d has been disabled this whole time.

I was able to get into El Capitain to the point of reformatting my SSD drive and then start the installation (new image 1). It completed and then auto restarted (like it was suppose to). I hit F12 after the restart which brought me to the boot device page and I clicked on the "Clover start boot.efi at USB install" (new image 2) and it brought me to the new image 3. I clicked on the HFS which has the El Capitan in it and the it went to the apple logo again with the loading bar under it. This time the bar made it to about 90% and then the computer restarted. When I tried to do it again it took me to the prohibited sign again. I manually restarted it and tried the boot flags you gave me above and I received the error in the original post's picture number 3.

PS. I'm not sure if this matters but I want to give any useful information I can. All 6 of my USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard are not working (I had my mouse and keyboard plugged into them) When the installation happened they stopped working. I un plugged the keyboard and mouse and put them in the USB 3.0 port on the front of my case. The installation thumb drive is plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports on the front of the case. It seems like the only USB ports that are working are the 4 on the front of the case.
Do I have it right you have an installation on the SSD but cannot get it to load?
Assuming above is true..Make sure Bios is set up correctly and put boot UEFI only (no legacy)
El Cap has USB issues you can fix later, find a working USB2 for the USB..may have to try several.
Use -v nv_disable=1 boot flags/Dart=0 not necessary with VTd disabled
-v provides info as system boots/nv_disable=1 stops system from crashing with GPU installed with out the drivers being there.
Disconnect all drives other than the OS X SSD
If it hangs or reboots try to get a screen shot of that point and post it.
Hope this gets you a little farther.

Okay, so there was a lot more improvement.

I change my Bios to have Boot Mode Selection to "UEFI Only" and Storage Boot Option Control to "UEFI Only" (as seen in the first image). When I exited and hit F12 it brought me to the second image below (Still with all of the hard drives plugged in) and had similar results with errors when using -v and nv_disable=1 only. I unplugged the drives like you said and used the two boot flags I just mentioned and I worked (Thank You so much).

So my questions/problems remaining are:

1. Can I just continue with the post installation things that I would normally have to do now.

2. How would I be to get this to work with all of the hard drives plugged in. To let you know what I have going on: I have 4 drives. 2 SSD and 2 HDD. My plan and I have already started working on this is to have 1 SSD for Mac with the OS and adobe creative cloud (the only drive plugged in right now). 1 4TB HDD for the rest of my Mac applications and files. Then I have the other SSD with windows 7 to play games on occasionally and the other HDD (2TB) to hold things that I don't want on the PC SSD. Do you know how to get it so these work together in the same system and if you happen to know how to get it to default to the Mac side at start up?

3. I have two monitors. One with the DVI (currently working) and one through one of the display ports (does not have a signal). How would I get them to both work.

4. Do you know how to get the USB ports on the back of my motherboard to work.

I know that's a lot to throw at you but I believe that is all I have left to complete this set up. Thank you again for helping my get this far. This last day has been a huge relief.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 90
Okay, so there was a lot more improvement.

I change my Bios to have Boot Mode Selection to "UEFI Only" and Storage Boot Option Control to "UEFI Only" (as seen in the first image). When I exited and hit F12 it brought me to the second image below (Still with all of the hard drives plugged in) and had similar results with errors when using -v and nv_disable=1 only. I unplugged the drives like you said and used the two boot flags I just mentioned and I worked (Thank You so much).

So my questions/problems remaining are:

1. Can I just continue with the post installation things that I would normally have to do now.

2. How would I be to get this to work with all of the hard drives plugged in. To let you know what I have going on: I have 4 drives. 2 SSD and 2 HDD. My plan and I have already started working on this is to have 1 SSD for Mac with the OS and adobe creative cloud (the only drive plugged in right now). 1 4TB HDD for the rest of my Mac applications and files. Then I have the other SSD with windows 7 to play games on occasionally and the other HDD (2TB) to hold things that I don't want on the PC SSD. Do you know how to get it so these work together in the same system and if you happen to know how to get it to default to the Mac side at start up?

3. I have two monitors. One with the DVI (currently working) and one through one of the display ports (does not have a signal). How would I get them to both work.

4. Do you know how to get the USB ports on the back of my motherboard to work.

I know that's a lot to throw at you but I believe that is all I have left to complete this set up. Thank you again for helping my get this far. This last day has been a huge relief.
1. yes
2. If the Win7 is installed UEFI not hard to set up. if it is legacy may be difficult. SlimJim or some one
with more know how may chime in here.
3. You need to download and install Nvidia web drivers for your version of OS X, that should get your other monitor going and/or change to 14.2 system definition.
4. fix is in MultiBeast 8.1 download and read the readme txt. before you start.

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/99119

Multi Booting

14.Selected Troubleshooting Techniques

(Dual Boot) Windows installed UEFI vs. Legacy
Generally you'll have the best luck if Windows and OS X are both Legacy or both UEFI. If you must boot Windows Legacy from Clover UEFI, see this post (preferred) or this post (another option).

To check whether Windows is installed UEFI or Legacy, see this article (but don't use the first method of just looking for an EFI partition, since in a dual boot, OS X might have generated the EFI partition).

To convert Windows from Legacy to UEFI if you had Legacy Windows but have now installed Clover/OS X in UEFI mode, see this article.

I am facing the same issue, let me explain what's going on:

Hardware:
Intel Core i7-4790
GeForce GTX 970 (reference), unfortunately cannot be removed
480GB SanDisk SSD (Has Win10 on it), SATA Port 3
2TB Toshiba HDD (Drive to install El Capitan on), SATA Port 1
Mat****aBD Blu-Ray Combo, SATA Port 2
Intel H97 based Asus Mainboard

Unfortunately, the SATA order cannot be changed because this is a prebuilt and the components wouldn't fit anymore: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/

Bios Settings:
VT-d == disabled
SATA Controller == AHCI
Secure Boot mode == Other OS
Other than that, reset to optimized default values.

Unibeast:
UEFI Boot mode, Inject Nothing.

At first, I just created a Unibeast USB (SanDisk Ultra 3.0 32GB) and plugged it into my PC.
It booted just fine to the installer, without having to use nv_disable=1 or anything else, however I couldn't install anything because Mac OS X/Disk utility didn't detect any of my drives, only the boot usb.
Finding no solution for this, I then used Unibeast to install the 3rd party SATA and eSATA and Intel Sata... kext's to /Library/Extensions/. Booting with that, I immediately get this issue "Missing bluetooth controller transport..." even if it has obviously nothing to do with SATA devices... I modified the boot args to include nv_disable=1 but there are no changes at all. No matter what USB port I use (i tried them all, 2.0 and 3.0), I don't get rid of the error. Any ideas???

I am facing the same issue, let me explain what's going on:

Hardware:
Intel Core i7-4790
GeForce GTX 970 (reference), unfortunately cannot be removed
480GB SanDisk SSD (Has Win10 on it), SATA Port 3
2TB Toshiba HDD (Drive to install El Capitan on), SATA Port 1
Mat****aBD Blu-Ray Combo, SATA Port 2
Intel H97 based Asus Mainboard

Unfortunately, the SATA order cannot be changed because this is a prebuilt and the components wouldn't fit anymore: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/

Bios Settings:
VT-d == disabled
SATA Controller == AHCI
Secure Boot mode == Other OS
Other than that, reset to optimized default values.

Unibeast:
UEFI Boot mode, Inject Nothing.

At first, I just created a Unibeast USB (SanDisk Ultra 3.0 32GB) and plugged it into my PC.
It booted just fine to the installer, without having to use nv_disable=1 or anything else, however I couldn't install anything because Mac OS X/Disk utility didn't detect any of my drives, only the boot usb.
Finding no solution for this, I then used Unibeast to install the 3rd party SATA and eSATA and Intel Sata... kext's to /Library/Extensions/. Booting with that, I immediately get this issue "Missing bluetooth controller transport..." even if it has obviously nothing to do with SATA devices... I modified the boot args to include nv_disable=1 but there are no changes at all. No matter what USB port I use (i tried them all, 2.0 and 3.0), I don't get rid of the error. Any ideas???

Ooay so I changed some things, now I got a bootloop instead of a failing boot. Does anybody know what this is related to?

Attachments

• 20160309_155801.jpg
    20160309_155801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Ooay so I changed some things, now I got a bootloop instead of a failing boot. Does anybody know what this is related to?
If at all possible disconnect all drives except the one you intend to install on/make sure Bios is set to UEFI/use F? to select USB to boot from/ in secure boot if other OS will not work try with win 8.1 to see what happens.
You will need nv_disable=1 boot flag untill you get nvidia drivers installed/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back