Graphics
HD 4000/1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I downloaded Clover r3650 and tried to install it, but installer stop with an error saying it could not install, after verifying the Clover install log I found the following:

mount_hfs: Resource busy
mount_hfs: error on mount(): error = -1.

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk0s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk0s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

I tried the Fat32 command but it does not format the EFI partition, I tried the HFS command and it neither formats it. Lucky me I had prepared an USB with Clover for emergencies like this so I can boot OS X. Is the EFI partition damaged? How can I fix this?

I downloaded Clover r3650 and tried to install it, but installer stop with an error saying it could not install, after verifying the Clover install log I found the following:

mount_hfs: Resource busy
mount_hfs: error on mount(): error = -1.

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk0s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk0s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

I tried the Fat32 command but it does not format the EFI partition, I tried the HFS command and it neither formats it. Lucky me I had prepared an USB with Clover for emergencies like this so I can boot OS X. Is the EFI partition damaged? How can I fix this?

Are you booting safe mode? You cannot manipulate FAT32 in safe mode.

Are you booting safe mode? You cannot manipulate FAT32 in safe mode.

No, booting normally, I deleted the EFI folder, and tried formatting it again in FAT32, I re-run the Clover installer and it did installed, but I'm not sure if the EFI partition is ok, its booting fine now but when I open finder on "Devices" I can see the EFI disk mounted, in the past I had to mount it using Clover Configurator.

Last edited:
No, booting normally, I deleted the EFI folder, and tried formatting it again in FAT32, I re-run the Clover installer and it did installed, but I'm not sure if the EFI partition is ok, its booting fine now but when I open finder on "Devices" I can see the EFI disk mounted, in the past I had to mount it using Clover Configurator.

EFI partition is not mounted automatically. See FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Well something must be wrong then, cause I'm definitely not lying when I say I dont have to mount it because its already there visible on devices when I open Finder.

There are various solutions to mounting it automatically... some provided in the Clover installer. You're probably using one of these solutions.

There are various solutions to mounting it automatically... some provided in the Clover installer. You're probably using one of these solutions.

Ohh, ok, well, perhaps that might be, as always, thank you for your support Rehabman.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back