Integraded HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
You guys rock. Was able to get my first build constructed, and somewhat together in under 12 hours. :)

After the full install of lion using USB unibeast, I am unable to boot up via Hard drive. I can boot up perfectly using the USB unibeast flash, but not able to boot straight from the hard disk. I cannot get to the bootloader screen after booting from hard drive. This is the only problem I am having. I installed Multibeast, ran the settings from the guide, just will not boot.

Another question, I'm looking for a quick fix at all possible, even though I do not want to buy any more gear. If I purchased a SSD (60gb+), install, and follow the same steps as I did, could I use partition the 1tb twice as 1. extra storage for the Hack Pro and 2. dual boot Windows 7? If so, I will just order the drive. Seems like an easier solution.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
I5-2500K
4GB Ram install (16total)
1tb Seagate 7200rpm 3gb

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
J

Boot from Unibeat, once to the desktop, use Multibeast to install the Chimera bootloader, and use system utiliies also. Does that work for you? If not, you cna still boot from Unibeat stick until you get it...

I did. Still will not boot from hard drive. Any more suggestions? What about new hard drive route? I think this is my problem. Thanks

J

What type of HDD do you have?

It might have the 4k sector on it.

Yes I think your right. Seagate 1tb 7200rpm 3gb transfer. I'll be pretty depressed if I can't use the brand new drive. Like I said, I'd rather not buy new hardware, but if a SSD would be an easy fix, I'll just go for it. As long as I can use the TB for extra storage!

Thanks guys!!
J

BUMP. Trying to get this squared away as soon as possible.

Thanks!
J

Thanks man.

That route looks pretty extensive... Does anyone know if I can just purchase a new 60-90gb Solid State drive for Operating System, and Applications.. Partition the Seagate 1tb I have already twice-1 side for ADDITIONAL storage for Hackintosh OSX Lion, and side 2- Windows 7 dual boot partition?? Would this be attainable? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD3-B3 Version 10
I5-2500k 3.3ghz
1tb Seagate 7200rpm
4gb ram (16total)

Thanks again guys!!
J

jleblanc23 said:
Thanks man.

That route looks pretty extensive... Does anyone know if I can just purchase a new 60-90gb Solid State drive for Operating System, and Applications.. Partition the Seagate 1tb I have already twice-1 side for ADDITIONAL storage for Hackintosh OSX Lion, and side 2- Windows 7 dual boot partition?? Would this be attainable? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD3-B3 Version 10
I5-2500k 3.3ghz
1tb Seagate 7200rpm
4gb ram (16total)

Thanks again guys!!
J

You can use this fix as well culled from that previous link.

http://www.mymac4music.com/2011/10/boot0-error/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back