Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
first of all, i successfully installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 on my Lenovo 3000 G400 laptop and almost everything are working.

after installing the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 without updating to 10.6.6 and running MultiBeast 3.2

- Wifi (AirPort) - working
- built-in Intel HD Audio - working
- Intel Mobile GMA950 Graphics - working (i can choose different resolutions from 800x600 to 1280x800 which is the native resolution of my laptop)
- USB ports - working
- Intex USB webcam - working (also the built-in mic of the webcam is working)
- Touchpad - working but it's so sensitive and i can't adjust it so i use a USB mouse instead
- built-in Mic - not working
- built-in Speakers - working
- headphone jack - working

all are working but i can't boot directly to my HDD. i can only boot using iBoot disc.

so run MultiBeast and check the recommend stuffs to be able to boot from HDD then run Kext Utility but still no luck. after the Apple Logo with spinning wheel (i believe this is the boot screen) at the button part then after about 30 secs. it show's a blank gray screen and waited for a couple of mins. but it doesn't load my desktop.

so i run the combo update 10.6.6 and also run MultiBeast and check the same stuffs what i did before and run Kext Utility and again the same thing was happen. and i've notice i lost my Ethernet driver after installing the Combo Update 10.6.6 so now I re-install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 with working Ethernet and Wifi.

my problem is after the Apple Logo screen it doesn't proceed to my desktop instead display on a blank gray screen and nothing happens.

suggestions are much appreciated :)

helping here are terrible.
I have problems with the webcam after the 10.6.6 update and so far nobody has given me an answer

arielito23 said:
I have problems with the webcam after the 10.6.6 update and so far nobody has given me an answer

is that the built-in webcam? my laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam so i use USB webcam. 10.6 webcam is working even after updating to 10.6.6

but...

...10.6 ethernet is working but after updating to 10.6.6 it wont work anymore, lucky me my wifi still works :)

JasonTechie said:
arielito23 said:

is that the built-in webcam? my laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam so i use USB webcam. 10.6 webcam is working even after updating to 10.6.6

but...

...10.6 ethernet is working but after updating to 10.6.6 it wont work anymore, lucky me my wifi still works :)

Is integrated, thanks for replying I will try to find a solution

arielito23 said:
JasonTechie said:
arielito23 said:

but...

Is integrated, thanks for replying I will try to find a solution

don't have built-in webcam but my built-in mic doesn't work too...

so i used Intex USB webcam and it works both webcam and it's integrated mic :)

if you found solution on your webcam don't bother posting the result here :)

I have the same problem. I have VAIO Z and successfully installed Snow Leopard with iBoot and MultiBeast.

My problem is booting from HDD or Rescure USB but from iBoot.

OK: iBoot --> Snow Leopard
Resolution 1920x1080
Eathernet working
TouchPad and Keyboard not working (Bluetooth Mouse works as well)
4GB RAM recognized ONLY (it has 8GB RAM)

NG: Rescure USB --> Snow Leopard
NG: MBR Windows 7 BootLoader --> GUID Chameleon --> Snow Leopard (it has 2 SSDs)
Resolution 1024x768 ONLY (should be 1920x1080)
Eathernet NOT working
TouchPad and Keyboard NOT working (Bluetooth Mouse working)
8GB RAM recognized

Is there a way to recognize 8GB RAM from iBoot over the 4GB limitation? Any idea about resolving the problem booting from HDD/Rescure USB? Thank you.

--------------
CPU: Intel Core i7-620M
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 128GB SSD x 2
GRA: NVIDIA 330M
DSDT: EasyBeast/UserDSDT
Snow Leopard DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD (unmodified)

sakuramoto said:
I have the same problem. I have VAIO Z and successfully installed Snow Leopard with iBoot and MultiBeast.

My problem is booting from HDD or Rescure USB but from iBoot.

OK: iBoot --> Snow Leopard
Resolution 1920x1080
Eathernet working
TouchPad and Keyboard not working (Bluetooth Mouse works as well)
4GB RAM recognized ONLY (it has 8GB RAM)

NG: Rescure USB --> Snow Leopard
NG: MBR Windows 7 BootLoader --> GUID Chameleon --> Snow Leopard (it has 2 SSDs)
Resolution 1024x768 ONLY (should be 1920x1080)
Eathernet NOT working
TouchPad and Keyboard NOT working (Bluetooth Mouse working)
8GB RAM recognized

Is there a way to recognize 8GB RAM from iBoot over the 4GB limitation? Any idea about resolving the problem booting from HDD/Rescure USB? Thank you.

--------------
CPU: Intel Core i7-620M
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 128GB SSD x 2
GRA: NVIDIA 330M
DSDT: EasyBeast/UserDSDT
Snow Leopard DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD (unmodified)

iBoot is limited only to 4GB of RAM.

and the only way to boot from HDD is to check the Chameleon bootloader 709 (sandy bridge)

tried it on my laptop and it works :)

regarding mouse and keyboard just check Voodoo PS2 on misc. and on your graphics just enable nVidia enabler :)

my graphics is OK even booting from iBoot cuz it's already supported, i don't know about nVidia GT330M though. just try it :)

Thanks for your reply. I tried but nothing changed. I feel something strange. Well, if I choose wrong option in MultiBeast, Snow Leopard does not show up its login window or some functions do not work even booted via iBoot. It means the problem is just where from boot up?

OK : iBoot(CD) => SL GUID Disk (Chameleon) (MultiBeast installed correctly) => works perfectly
NG : iBoot(CD) => SL GUID Disk (Chameleon) (MultiBeast installed INCORRECTLY) => NOT work
NG : Win7 MBR Bootloader => SL GUID Disk (Chameleon) (MultiBeast installed correctly) => NOT work
NG : Win7 MBR Bootloader => SL GUID Disk (Chameleon) (MultiBeast installed INCORRECTLY) => NOT work

It could be OK if I change the boot disk from Win7 MBR disk to Snow Leopard GUID disk but I do not know how. (I know how to change the boot partition, but this case I have to change the boot disk.) I tried Boot Disk option in System Preference but it just effects Chameleon. VAIO starts from Win 7 Bootloader as usual.

How do you change the boot disk if you have more than 2 disk on your notebook? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back