Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X 10.12
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD630
Recently, I bought BCM94360NG and installed it because it was said working native on macOS.

BUT i writing this inquiry because i have a serious problem with this LAN card.

The symptoms of the problem are as follows:
If you boot into macOS after installing the corresponding LAN card, it will work well, but if you boot into Windows after installing the same LAN card, Windows will stop working 20 seconds later and it will not work properly.

If you're not connected to Wi-Fi, or if the driver on that device is disabled, the symptoms disappear immediately, and it seems like Windows and the driver are in conflict, but I don't know what the problem is.

If you are using the BCM94360NG model and you are experiencing this symptom or have solved it, please leave a comment.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I have also this card, but the thing for me is bluetooth was not detected in MacOS while I am able to use the bluetooth and wifi in windows just fine. I just installed the fenvi driver from the website and it works. How do you manage to get it working in Catalina?

i have the same problem with the BCM94360NG wifi card and my DELL XPS 7590 UHD.
under mac os mojave bluetooth and wifi works great out of the box and plug n play :)

under windows it works great if you have installed the driver from the fenvi site AND i have the power cable connected.
if i use my laptop in windows 10 and in battery mode windows freezes after 20 seconds and you have to turn it off by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.

i had a big problem when i didnt know that it was the driver that caused the problem and started windows in battery mode.
the system freezed by starting windows and destroyed windows :( i had no chance to get it back and had to do a reinstall of windows (and of mac os mojave too :/ ).

so be careful with this card in windows.

i think i will change the card against my old kiler card and will have no wifi in mac os until there will be a working driver for windows.

perhaps anybody has an idea what to do?

Today i got the TP AC600 nano USB WIFI stick for 14 Euros and i am more than happy with it!

I changed back to my Killer Wifi M.2 card inside which came with the laptop and do not work under Mac OS.
I will sell the BCM94360NG because of the trouble it makes in windows (windows freeze when i am on battery mode).
I just installed the MAC OS Drivers for the TP AC600 nano from their website and it worked immediately for my DELL XPS 15 with Mojave 10.14. OS.
Speed is perfect - i get 109 Mbit from my 100 Mbit internet connection, the same speed as the very fast BCM94360NG.

So i am done with wifi :)
My EFI (bavarian cake) in the attachement.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    55.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Just to add, I have the same issue on an HP elitebook G5 with this card and windows 10 20h2. It worked well before the 20h2 update.
Laptop Will freeze If not on Power cord or If there is no USB device plugged.
No issues when os MacOs...

BSODs and freezes
Same here in Windows 10 21H2, but even when connected to power. Tested all 10 available driver versions incl. the most recent v.7.77.119.0 from 2020-04-21 via driverpack.io (attached) all the way down to the two ancient Apple Boot Camp drivers v.6.30.223.215 (2013) and v.6.30.224.217 (2014), and also including the outdated drivers Fenvi currently offers at https://www.fenvi.com/drive.html for the BCM94360NG - same with all drivers: either freeze, or BSOD ("WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR").

So it seems that quite a while ago, a Windows 10 Feature Update broke the driver for the BCM94360NG regardless of driver version. It must be pre-v.1903 as per IAmLe02's comment "Is broadcom wifi card BCM94360NG suitable for thinkpad X260?" (I won't post a link here as per forum rules).

Luckily, the work-around with a USB device plugged in appears to be working here, too - thank you @marcelvn for sharing your finding :thumbup:

Has anyone figured out a fix other than having a USB device be plugged in for WiFi w/o freeze/ BSOD, like a registry fix or replacing some .dll(s) with the one(s) from a previous Windows 10 build?

Latest Wi-Fi driver:

Attachments

• BCM43x v.7.77.119.0 (2020-04-21).zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
FYI, same in Windows 11 with the automatically installed driver v.7.35.290.0 (2015-06-07) -> freeze. I didn't bother to install a different driver version since that didn't help any in Windows 10.

I'm in the process of switching to a Apple BCM94360CS2 + NGFF/M.2 adapter. The latter I already have and it fits into my Laptop; the BCM94360CS2 should be here Monday, latest Tuesday. I'll report back once it's up, running and tested.

Above mentioned combo running fine in both, macOS (Catalina/ Big Sur/ Monterey) and Windows (10/11), after a bit of grinding on the adapter + isolating it with a bit of sticky tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back