Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there !

I have a little annoying problem.

On the back of my hackintosh, i have attached an aluminum thin wired keyboard from Apple.
When i start up and i get in the boot screen , i have to choose the Lion system disk by means of hitting the RETURN key on my keyboard.
But most of the time, the RETURN key doesn't work at that moment.
So i can't boot up from the Lion disk.
So i had to attach a Logitech black pc keyboard on the back from which the ENTER key works 100% when choosing the Lion disk.

But i rather work only with my Apple alu keyboard; just having to use another keyboard just for starting up only is bait of a hassle i think.

Any help will be very much appreciated !

Try connecting the Apple Al. keyboard to one of the USB ports next to the PS/2 connector.

vanhaze said:
When i start up and i get in the boot screen , i have to choose the Lion system disk by means of hitting the RETURN key on my keyboard.
Why you have to hit the Return key? After the Timeout the System boot up w/o interaction. And...you can use any key, not just the Return key

Do you mean that lion eventually will start after showing me the chameleon boot screen ?
I'd rather hit a key at that moment, so it starts up immediately.

Maybe i understand you wrong ..

vanhaze said:
Do you mean that lion eventually will start after showing me the chameleon boot screen ?
I'd rather hit a key at that moment, so it starts up immediately.

Maybe i understand you wrong ..

That's what he's saying. Underneath the main drive, there is a little blue bar that counts down the time until the OS is automatically started. If you want to boot into Mac OS every time without pressing a key, you can edit the boot.plist to set the timeout to something short, like 1 second.

Hi mate,

Thx for the reply !
Never noticed the blue progress bar .. maybe i'm blind .. :mrgreen:
I think i am gonna edit the boot.plist then !

BTW: I see NO blue counting-down bar in Chimera.
I use version 1.7.

Odd ...

vanhaze said:
BTW: I see NO blue counting-down bar in Chimera.
I use version 1.7.

Odd ...

Does your plist contain....?

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

2 = number of seconds before it loads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back