Contribute
Register

Problem with 10.6.8 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've found that this update is causing me problems with the internet. It will load some pages, but not all and most importantly, it won't completely load the Tonymac site. I can see it on the screen, minus the graphic on the upper left of the page. It stops, continues to spin the wheel and eventually I have to force quit to get out of it. This created problems with attempting to make the bootable Unibeast for Mavericks, for which I have the installation files in my applications folder. I then re installed SL and before updating while I still had access to the site, I downloaded and saved on another disk, the Unibeast and Multibeas apps. I also formatted the flash drive. However, when attempting to run Unibeast, it quickly fails, giving me no info on the failure. I've now tried to make one here on my Power PC where it also fails, but a bit later in the process and I do at least have some info on why it failed.

Picture 1.jpg

I've tried everything I can think of on this one. Any ideas? Can Mavericks be installed using a CD instead of a flash drive? It is a new San Disk flash drive I just bought today too...so I doubt it's a bad one, though it is possible, I guess.

OK...I got it figured out. I ran software update and installed the latest flash player. Everything seems to be working fine now and I'm in the process of creating my Unibeast drive.

Good morning and a big thank you to those who helped me. I've set up Mavericks and everything is looking and feeling great! That update and installation of Flash was the final key that got me through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back