Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9350 (Clover)
CPU
i7-6560U (100-series)
Graphics
Intel Iris 540/3200 x 1800
I'm trying to update clover to r4411. When installing it to my ssd, it says installation succesful but when checking the clover version in clover configurator it stays I'm still on an older version.

I'm trying to update clover to r4411. When installing it to my ssd, it says installation succesful but when checking the clover version in clover configurator it stays I'm still on an older version.
when you reboot, and get to the clover boot screen, it will tell you your clover version on the bottom right of the screen

when you reboot, and get to the clover boot screen, it will tell you your clover version on the bottom right of the screen
It is still an older version.

You must be choosing incorrect options when you install Clover.
Make sure you check the appropriate options (UEFI) in "Customize".

You must be choosing incorrect options when you install Clover.
Make sure you check the appropriate options (UEFI) in "Customize".
I have chosen the same options as when I first installed it, uefi is checked

I have chosen the same options as when I first installed it, uefi is checked

You can look at your Clover bootlog to see which version is being started by BIOS and the location from which it is started.
You can generate the bootlog by pressing F2 once in Clover.
You can find it at EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log.

Just checked the bootlog and clover start version 4359 instead of 4411

Installer maybe has a bug, it installed clover at /EFI/ of your system disk. You can copy the new file from /EFI/ to your EFI disk to update clover.

Installer maybe has a bug, it installed clover at /EFI/ of your system disk. You can copy the new file from /EFI/ to your EFI disk to update clover.

Most likely user error (choosing incorrect options within "Customize", or failing to choose them at all).
Must install UEFI and make sure to install to EFI.

Most likely user error (choosing incorrect options within "Customize", or failing to choose them at all).
Must install UEFI and make sure to install to EFI.
tried it again with your clover fork, checked UEFI and install to EFI still not working, it says that the installation is completed but no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back