3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
  5. Workgroup Server
  6. Xserve
  7. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I upgraded my hackintosh bootloader from OC 76 to OC 77, upgraded my config.plist (following latest release Sample.plist) but MacOS (12.1) don't boot anymore.

I join a scree capture of the boot message and zipped files of EFI

Thanks

PS: hope it is the good place to post this

Attachments

• IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 80
  • EFI077.zip
    30.6 MB · Views: 60
Looked at your uploaded EFI folder...
1. Your three ACPI files are not up to date; should be dated 1/11/22 (i.e. taken from the "docs" folder from the released OC 0.7.7 document).
2. I think you also need "SSDT-PLUG.aml"... at least you have called it out in your config.plist; see item 6. below.
3. The "HFSPlus.efi" file is out of date and should actually be "OpenHFSPlus.efi" from OC 0.7.7. (That change would also require a change in the name of the file in your config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/0.)
4. Do you need "OpenLinuxBoot.efi?" (Just asking.)
5. In OC/Resources/Audio folder, you don't need all those ".mp3" files unless you are also running Windows (at least I don't need them in my OC 0.7.7 EFI). That would save roughly 4 MB of storage space in your EFI folder.
6. Your config.plist/ACPI/Add/1 listing of "SSDT-PLUG.aml" would be correct IF you had that file in your ACPI folder.
7. You could delete the "children" of the "Delete" and "Patch" items in "ACPI" and save some space.
8. In config.plist/Booter/MmioWhitelist/0, "Enabled" argument is "NO." If you intend not to use that command and want it left to "NO," you can delete this "0" item, as is true for all disabled config.list items that you do not intend to enable. (It doesn't hurt to leave them alone, though, they just take up space.)
9. In config.plist/Device Properties/Add: WHOA! Will assume you know best here. (I have only two items, but my stuff is Gigabyte, not ASUS.)
10. In config.plist/kernel/Patch/0 you have enabled "AppleRTC Patch." This is not a kext, as far as I know... just wondered what this is. You do have the OC/ACPI/SSDT-AWAC.aml file; is this "AppleRTC Patch" patch also necessary? (Dunno.)
11. In Kernel/Quirks, I have read that setting the "ThirdPartyDrives" argument to "YES" will enable TRIM on those drives. (I cannot confirm that, but you could check your "About this Mac/System Report/Storage" listing to see if true.)
12. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/0 be sure the Path argument (i.e. name) agrees with the kext you are using (see 3. above).

If I got anything wrong, I apologize in advance! I only have my own EFI folders to go by. No expert here! Good luck!

Thank you very much !

I have first applied all that modifications to a working EIF076 and rebooted the Hackintosh with it (it still works)
The I upgraded to EFI077 try to boot the Hackintosh but the problem remains.

PS: I keep the OpenLinuxBoot.efi because I have an Ubuntu Disk

Attachments

• EFI077.zip
    30.6 MB · Views: 53
upgraded to EFI077 try to boot the Hackintosh but the problem remains.
I still see problems. When you upgrade OpenCore, you need to get all the documents you use from the new version (0.7.7).
1. In your ACPI folder, SSDT-AWAC.aml is dated 4/7/21, should be dated 1/11/22.
2. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml is dated 11/15/20, should be dated 1/11/22.
3. SSDT-PMC.aml is dated 4/7/21, should be dated 1/11/22.
4. You still do not have SSDT-PLUG.aml in your ACPI folder but you still list it in config.plist/ACPIAdd/1. (I'm fairly sure you do need that SSDT in your ACPI folder.)
5. In your Drivers folder, HFSPlus.efi dated 6/9/21 should be deleted, since you added OpenHFSPlus.efi dated 1/11/22. The other drivers are correct, IMHO.
6. In Resources folder. you still have all those audio (".mp3") files. Do you really need them?
7. In your config.list/ACPI/Add/1, you still list SSDT-PLUG.aml even though it does not exist in your ACPI folder, and I'm pretty sure you need it there.
8. No comment on DeviceProperties, since I do not recognize the majority of those devices listed under DeviceProperties/Add.
9. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, your AppleXcpmCfgLock argument is set to NO. That's okay if your BIOS has a "CFG Lock" or similar function set to "disable." But if not, the argument should be set to YES.
10. In Misc/Boot you have LauncherOption set to Full, I have Disabled. (Don't know if that is because our motherboards are different.)
11. In Misc/Security, you have Scan Policy set to 20651779, I have 0. (Maybe motherboards again?)
12. In NVRAM/Add/3rd item, you have boot-args that I do not have (my argument is blank since I used the release, not the debug copy of OpenCore 0.7.7).
13. In Platforminfo/Generic, I understand you have deleted certain information for security reasons, but of course I cannot tell if your unedited version has all the required data. You should have the correct arguments for MLB, System Serial Number, and System UUID (and you probably do).
14. In Platforminfo, following Generic, your config.plist has the item PlatformNVRAM. My sample.plist from OC 0.7.7 does not contain that section at all. Are you sure your config.plist is from OpenCore 0.7.7, or did you carry it over from an earlier version? Some of the data duplicates the stuff in Platforminfo/Generic.
15. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/0, since you updated your OC/Drivers folder to show OpenHFSPlus.efi, you need to change the argument (name) from HfsPlus.efi to OpenHfsPlus.efi. If you do not, this will cause an OC error after deleting HFSPlus.efi in your ACPI folder..
16. In UEFI/Quirks/ReloadOptionRoms, your argument is YES; mine is NO. (Motherboard difference?)
17. My OpenCore 0.7.7 installation did not result in an APPLE folder, but you do have an EFI/APPLE folder. That folder contains 33.7 Mbytes. Does the ASUS motherboard require that?

Good luck!

Tank you very much... but not yet,

On my Hackintosh MacOS refuses to boot with open core 077 but runs perfectly with open core 076

PS: SSDT-AWAC.aml is not anymore distributed in opencore, there is a "SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml" I tried to use it but it doesn't solve my boot problem.

Attachments

• EFI077 copie.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6229.jpg
    IMG_6229.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Comments on your latest 0.7.7 EFI folder:
1. I notice you still have your EFI/APPLE folder. Not sure you need that (my setup does not).
2. In your config.plist/ACPI/Quirks/ResetLogoStatus, you have NO, I have YES.
3. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, you are now missing these "children":
PciRoot(0x0/Pci(0x2,0x0) Dictionary
AAPL,ig-platform-id Data 03000913E
4. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks/DisableIOMapper, you have YES, I have NO.
Also, for PanicNoKextDump, PowerTimeoutKernelPanic, and ProvideCurrentCpuinfo, you have YES, I have NO. And for ThirdPartyDrives, you have NO, I have YES. (Just FYI.)
5. In config.plist/Misc/BlessOverride you have a "0" entry argument \EFI/ubuntu/grubx64.efi. Have no idea what that does... needed for Linux OS?
6. In config.plist/Misc/Boot, you have LauncherOption Full, I have Disabled.
Also in PickerAttributes, you have 19, I have 17. For PickerVariant, you have Acidanthera\GoldenGate, I have Auto. In Timeout, you have 10, I have 5.
7. In config.plist/Misc/Debug, you have AppleDebug, ApplePanic, and DisableWatchdog set to YES, I have these set to NO. (I used the release copy of OpenCore 0.7.7.)
8. In config.plist/Misc/Security, you have ScanPolicy set to 20651779, I have 0.
9. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add, you are missing the first two Dictionaries in the OC 0.7.7 sample.plist. I still have those. The third item, which you do have, is missing SystemAudioVolume Data E2. (Just FYI, but looks like not 0.7.7 version of config.plist.)
10. In config.plist/NVRAM/Delete, first item, you have a 0 UIScale which I do not. In third item, I have a 1 String ForceDisplayRotationEFI. You don't have that.
11. In config.plist/Platforminfo, you still have that whole section titled PlatformNVRAM which I do not have. Why?
12. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers, you have more (because of Linux?) than I do. I don't think you need the AudioDxe.efi driver unless you want an opening "chime" like on a real lMac, but your choice.

Are you absolutely sure your Sample config.plist was from OC 0.7.7?

Thank you !

I rebuilt my OC configuration from scratch (sample.plist) and now it boots. I still do not understand everything I did but it works. I think, as you mentioned, my problem was coming from here :

4. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks/DisableIOMapper, you have YES, I have NO.
Also, for PanicNoKextDump, PowerTimeoutKernelPanic, and ProvideCurrentCpuinfo, you have YES, I have NO. And for ThirdPartyDrives, you have NO, I have YES. (Just FYI.)

Attachments

• EFI77 copie.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back