Problem running Premiere CS 5.5 on a mackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 5700XT + nVidia 2060 (linux boot)
Hi There,

I do not know if this is the right place to place my question/problem but here it goes.

I built a mackintosh with a gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 using the standard procedure and installed lion on it. I have an Nvidia GTX470 fully recognized. Some CUDA testing codes that I have works fine on it.
I installed Premiere CS5.5 on it and was trying to use it. While it works perfectly on my macbook pro, I am having issues with it on the mackintosh and was wandering if somebody, here had similar problems.

The problem is simple: when I click on the preview window to display the timeline result, nothing happens. The button is still indicating that it is running the timeline but nothing moves (cursor on the timeline or preview). I can also try to run various movie asset and have the same issue. Note that the problem persists if I do not use the GPU-accelerated Mercury engine.

At this point, I do not know where the problem is coming from and would appreciate any help if somebody has also encountered such a problem.
Thanks
Eric

Hi, I had the exact same problem. It was all down to not rolling back the audio kext. Do you have sound fully working?

Unfortunately no. My sound is still not functional and I still have the issue with premiere.

What do you mean by : It was all down to not rolling back the audio kext
.... I have not had the time to drill into that problem again but will post when I have some solutions.
Thanks
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back