Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED, read last post] My 10.8.3 update adventure

EDIT: [SOLVED, read my last post #11]

OK, here's the lowdown, system is a GA-H61N-USB3, using 128gig SSD Kingston, 8gig of ram, i3-2105.

As i did the update to 10.8.3 and ran into the restart loop after the update, i could not get into the system to do the multibeast updates, not even using all the option flags, -v -x -f, etc., as i could not get back into OS X i pulled my Seagate Barracuda 500gig sata drive which i had previously made a back upf of my system on using the Restore option, i overwrote the SSD drive to go back to 10.8.2, as i tried to go back into again using the usb stick, which by the way was created using the latest version of Unibeast (i wonder if that has anything to do with it), i still could not get into the SSD drive.

My next attempt was to get into the Sata drive using the flags, i was able to get into safe mode on that drive using just the -x command. So, after getting into that drive i ran multibeast 5.0.2 and was able to run all the patches, now, trying to get back into OS X without the usb and without any flags it will stay in a boot loop.

I realized a bit ago that my usb stick was made with Unibeast 1.7.0, so i will now do another usb to run it off the older Unibeast that came with version 5.1.x of Multibeast, rerun all the patches and see if the sata drive boots on its own. Also putting it back on Chimera 1.11.

If that works i will restore my ssd so i can work off that one and stay on 10.8.2 until all this crap blows over and i can simply update my hack properly and not have to deal with all this nonesense.

Will report back in a bit.

Ok, here's where i stand now.

I have the Sata drive installed inthe hack, its running my previous 10.8.2 and everything seems to work fine, except being able to boot directly from the OS X without using the usb drive.

I have searched the forum for a boot loop solution and what happens is this (see screenshot), if i dont run -v to see what happens it will just stay black and reboot continuously, when i hit -v it shows me that.

Any ideas???

20130428_160948.jpg

Anyone have any input?!?

I have restored my SSD, put that in as the main drive and i am still at the same spot, samething happens with the boot it stays at those 5 lines of code and just reboots continuously.

Ive tried using different versions of multibeast to see if that helps, but i dont really know what the problems is. The OS is back to 10.8.2 exactly where it was working before i tried to update to 10.8.3. Are there any kexts that i could delete and reinstall using multibeast to see if this solves it?? Or did 10.8.3 leave a footprint behind that is keeping me from being able to restore my system?

:banghead::crazy::yawn:

Well here's another realization. My usb stick was build using a previous version of unibeast, BUT! the mountain lion downloaded app is the 10.8.3 update. Could that be the culprit of this whole problem?? How can i go back to my 10.8.2 version without redownloading it? Should i try running the 10.8.2 combo update???

Well here's another realization. My usb stick was build using a previous version of unibeast, BUT! the mountain lion downloaded app is the 10.8.3 update. Could that be the culprit of this whole problem?? How can i go back to my 10.8.2 version without redownloading it? Should i try running the 10.8.2 combo update???
Unless you saved the 10.8.2 Install OS X Mountain Lion.app or have a UniBeast of 10.8.2 you are SOL as 10.8.2 is no longer available and you can't downgrade 10.8.3 to 10.8.2.

So, in a nutshell, updating to 10.8.3 fudged up my hackintosh and i am now left with a POS setup that i cant use unless i cherry rig it to run?!?!

Serves me well, should've known better than to update it before evaluating if it was going to work or not, especially after the 3 weeks i spend with 10.8.2 trying to get it to run... Fu(K!

Guess ill just sell this sh*t and keep using windows.

OK, my appologies for the ranting before.

Here's my question:

What causes the boot loop, why does it hold at those 5 lines of code on my previous screenshot?

I have put the machine back to 10.8.2, i have redone everything needed with multibeast, my audio works, everything works normally, it just wont boot on its own without the usb drive.

Can somebody explain that to me, and if there's a solution??

Oh and the hard drive is a sata, not an ssd, which leads me to believe the problem is not ssd firmware related.

And please, i'd like constructive answers, not smart ass replies. Please remember, not all of us are hardcore hackers or full blown programmers or even engineers.

I've been building computers for over 20 years, but i never got into unix, programming or anything that advanced, so, after trying all i knew with these things and ending up with the same problem, you should understand why we, us laymen, get frustrated and stuck sometimes.

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

Ok, guess nobody knows the reasons for the boot loop problem then?

Ok, here's where i am at. It is beyond my capabilities to solve this at this point, i am stuck. I have the hack running on 10.8.2 just as it was before the back up and update to 10.8.3, and after doing everything i know and have read around here the same problem still persists.

The system starts up, it will go into Chimera, and if i dont enter any flags it will simply go to a black screen and reboot, it will do this continuously until i shut it off, or go into the OS through the USB drive, which i have redone back in 10.8.2 as well. I even went as far as redoing the installer for 10.8.2 just to see if that solved it.

I have also made the hack work under a Sata drive and my Kingston SSDnow 200V SSD, at 10.8.2 everything is normal, i dont have to enter any flags using the USB and all works as it did before the update.

If i run -v to see what happens, you get what's on the previously attached image 5 lines and halts, then reboots again and again.

Id really like someone to help me out with this, i really dont want this to stay like this, and honestly spending days trying to figure it out is not within my expectations of this build, i dont have a problem keeping 10.8.2 as it was working perfectly before until this boils over, but id be reluctant to even try to build a new system now, or even recommend some do it, with these sort of things happening. I can only imagine what someone with even less experience (which is not that much) than me goes through when they attempt this and something doesnt go smoothly.

Anyway, again, hope someone can shed some light here.

I see a lot of posts on this section with similar problems to mine, not the same hardware though, but most of them are going unanswered. I really hope the powers that be are working to help get this solved soon.

On a side note, i did find someone on insanelymac with some form of script or terminal type solution, but i did not attempt to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back