Intel hd
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys:
I've got a problem, after creating the USB I tried to install Mavericks to my pc, but it only gets to
the Chimera screen, after clicking through that it showed the mac logo then powers down the PC. It then hangs the computer (power light on, but monitor power off)
there until I power it off.
Could there be an issue with my motherboard, I am using an ASUS p8z77-v lx with 2303 bios version.

Not clear where you are stalling out.

You have created the unibeast usb.

You set the bios to boot from USB-HDD

Then you get what?

Note that it takes a long time to boot from the Unibeast USB, screen went a couple of different shades of grey for me with just a pointer in upper right. Are you waiting long enough.

It got through to the boot screen ok, its where it lets you select USB, Apps, etc
after press enter on USB it hangs however, and the monitor is powered off (like PC in hibernation)

Boot -v -x and report what happens also, could you be more clear as to what your issue is? Post pictures, etc.

Also, have you flashed your bios for native power management?

See: https://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

Yes, pictures....
It gets to here
bootscreen.jpg
Then when I hit Enter, it enters a Mac logo screen:

macscreen.jpg

Then the machine goes to sleep
I'll have a look at bios flash too, thanks for bringing that up
Update: apparently the guy who made the FTK utility has taken it off the website

Boot -v -x and report what happens with pictures. Also, does your board have a bios flashback usb port?

I have booted with -x -v
It prints out a log and at the end of it is something like "power management not supported"
then it powers down and sleeps

PS there is no "USB flash" button on my motherboard to flash the bios

IMAG0297.jpg

What are your complete specs?

asus p8z77V-LX
intel 3770k
corsair 8 GB
samsung 840 EVO 250gb

Have you flashed your bios to enable native power management? Otherwise you will need NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT.kext.

More info:

biosrepo.wordpress.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back