i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys, I’ve been searching the Internet for almost three hours, trying to find the solution to my problem and I’ve been unsuccessful.

I’ve successfully installed macOs Catalina Beta 4 on my computer via USB installer with clover r5018. The problem begins when I try to install Clover in my hard disk for booting without the USB. Catalina says that Clover installer is not compatible with the the OS because is trying to install on the System Partition.

The installer gives me the option to “install anyway” and I select it. The installation of Clover on my Hard Disk finishes and I put in the installation folder all the kexts and config files, but when I try to boot the PC, it doesn’t boot at all from that clover installation, it’s like if Catalina is preventing Clover to mark the Efi partition as bootable. My board’s boot menu doesn’t see that Efi partition as bootable.

I already tried to mount Catalina System Partition as writable with Hackingtool (thanks to that I was able to add fixes to my monitor) and then repeat the process of installing clover with System Partition mounted as writable, but the clover installation package gives the same error (Not compatible with Catalina ‘cause is trying to install on System Partition) and after installation, the boot meny of my computer doesn’t recognise that Efi partition as bootable.

Does anyone has had this problem?
What can I do to successfully install Clover on my hard disk in Catalina?
Thanks in advance.

In your config.plist, in Clover's "System Parameters" window, how have you set up the "Inject kexts" text box? It should be at "Detect." Maybe that will help. For that setting, Clover looks in your /Library for the necessary kexts, and if not there, then it will look in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

In your config.plist, in Clover's "System Parameters" window, how have you set up the "Inject kexts" text box? It should be at "Detect." Maybe that will help. For that setting, Clover looks in your /Library for the necessary kexts, and if not there, then it will look in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
Hello and thank you for the help. I have that option the way you told me. And Clover still doesn’t install. It looks like it’s an installer problem with Catalina. It installs but then my bios doesn’t see that Efi partition as bootable at all.

Hello an
go to https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases and download the latest clover beta it able work on Catelina.And make sur you have FakeSMC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
Hello and thank you for your help. I already tried latest release of Clover from that address (r.5027 at the time of writting) and I still have the problem.

Hello an

Hello and thank you for your help. I already tried latest release of Clover from that address (r.5027 at the time of writting) and I still have the problem.
I don't know that kexts you need to boot with your mobo. Look in the EFI/CLOVER if you have all kexts you need to boot. EXamp: for my mobo I need those kexts
Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 16.29.55.png
Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 16.30.18.png
Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 16.30.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back