AMD 6950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello,
first of all, this is my first hackintosh, so I'm a newbie .
So, my config :
MSI P45 neo-f
Intel quad q9550
ATI HD6950 (2gb)
8gb ddr 2
And I want to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 apple dvd

the first steps are ok, Iboot (3.1.1) works fine, then, when I load OSX I've got a quick message about "unsupported card" probably my graphic card.
Then after a few second, during the load page, an icon appears (looks like an "end of speed limit" road sign)

So I tried with Iboot legacy 2.7, works too, but when I load the OSX dvd, I've got a black sreen (no dvi input message)

If someone have a solution for that kind of problem...
Thanks (and sorry for my bad engllish :oops: )

your graphics card isnt supported

your only options atm are to get a new card which is supported, or wait until the 6950 gets support, which could be a long time, or even never.

But I saw there are already kext for HD6970 (almost the same card).

The problem is, I need to install OSX first then I will be able to find (or not) a kext for my graphic card. Am I Wrong ?

A graphic card can stop the installation of OSX ? (I thought If a problem happened it will be after the install)

Thanks

there is a way to flash a 6970/6950 to get it to install, but it isn't 100% working yet.
its more of an 'experimental' thing than a fully working method.

visit http://netkas.org/ for more info.

yes, a gfx card can prevent an installation if the card is unsupported.
a graphics card can work for installation, but give poor results inside the OS, e.g. no qe/ci, low resolution, but that is different from being completely unsupported, which is what your card is.

Thanks again.
The install is working now, (I don't kniw why, but the fifth time,it worked :crazy: )
Anyway, now I arrive to the end of the install and when I want to restart whan I got the "installation failed" window, my computer is freezing :banghead:

So I'll try to find a way to make a complete install and then, I'll deal with my graphic card...

I don't understand one thing, Apple is working with ATI for graphic cards in their own machine... why can't we find original drivers to install in a hackintosh ?

Maybe on the 10.7.3 of Lion ? :angel:

apple only have support for a select number of cards, and only reference cards.

for example, the 5850 is supported by apple, but the 5830 isnt.
same goes with a lot of other ati cards, that may be in the 5xxx or 6xxx series, but arent supported by apple.

so there is original drivers for ati in mac os, just not for every card

so, I use for now old 8600gt. The install is ok (no unsupported card message anymore). When it's done I first run 10.6.4 uptade, i don't reboot, then I run multibeast.
But when I want to reboot, it's not working osx stay on the image of the sky... and my optical drive won't open...
I don't understant where the problem comes from ?
any thoughts ?

Thanks

Some kexts's are ****ing the installation.

Do the next.

1- iBoot+snow retail DVD(from 10.6.0)
2- Run update helper then reboot(with iBoot inside)
3- When in desktop, run comboupdate 10.6.8 with Multibeast opened(ver 3.9.0)When it ask to reboot DON'T DO it. Run multibeast ONLY with the Network and chimera driver. Reboot
4- Now you can boot OSX from your HDD.

FINAL--> Try installing kexts with Kext utility, not with SYSTEM UTILITIES inside MultiBeast.

Hope you find an answer!

See you

kikofras

thanks for your answers

I have just a few questionss :

I thought UpdateHelper was for sandybridge cpu only ?
I don't have apple dvd 10.6.0, only the 10.6.3 (the one apple sells on the website)... is it bad ?
Do I need to install all the previous combo update (10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6, 10.6.7) before the 10.6.8 ?
last one, whenyou say " run comboupdate 10.6.8 with Multibeast opened", what exactly "multibeast opened" means ? (I just double clic on the multibeast, then I run combouptade)
I'm sorry to be such a newbie, but I prefer to ask :think:

Thanks again for the answers

Edit : I tried your solution, and after the install, when I am on osx desktop, I install UpdateHelper. But I can't reboot (and I can't open my dvd player). I'm stuck on the pitcture of the nebulla (my mouse move, but I have nothing to click)
I've got the same problem all the time, when I used updatehelper or not, Mutlibeast or not, a combo update or not...) For information my optical drive si a Sony optiarc... and if I reset afer that, Iboot won't work anymore. So in the end I'm bloked

Anyone ?
does it look like a Bios problem for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back