Graphics
ATI hd 6950 / nvidea gt740M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone give me some manual or something because , the installation worked and completed.

But after restarting after installation DSTD the apple logo load , and then white screen.

I've a complete original HPZ400 workstation with a HD6950.

Hi,

we are almost in the same boat, not sure I can help you but we'll see.

I also have a z400, and did my first install yesterday with Maverick and i did a clean one today with Yosemite. Both works with minor issues I'm busy with.
Note that this is my first hackintosh and i'm still new.

FIRST things first, it won't solve your problem but give you info on its source : you can use "-v" bootflag
I'm sure you'll get something more precise that someone around here might understand.
(However, when i used this bootflag with the unibeast usb, I got "still waiting for root device" and stay stuck here, while I had no problem without this bootflag !!!)

GRAPHICS, since you did manage to have graphics during the install, I'm not sure the issue comes from the graphics, but if you have added a kext for your graphics in post-install (most probably in multibeast).
In this case i would try to delete this kext and repair the authorisations, it is easy and quite quick.

I do not have the same video card than you, so my experience is probably un-relevant for you but in case. My graphic card is a quadro fx 580, I have to use the boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" otherwise the screen goes off before reaching the install.

DSDT you say that you've installed a dsdt.
where did you got it from? have you created it yourself ? how do you know if it is appropriate ? etc? I haven't found any that seemed right (i only found some for z400 on super old post)

Personally I didn't use any dsdt and simply use the "easybeast" config to which I just changed a couple of boot flags (graphics enabler=yes, enableIGP=no usekernelcache=no), it worked.

I wanted to create my own dsdt, to have the cleanest install possible. So I extracted the dsdt but the question that i'm facing is what patch are we suppose to use ? as far as I understood, without this answer, doing a dsdt is risky if not useless.

ONE RULE
The only thing I'm sure about, do the least you could and do things one by one, one change at once.

maybe if you could write in detail your installation process i could help you more, as my z400 hackintosh is running.

Cheers

ps : do you have 4 or 6 ram slot on your motherboard, there are two models on z400

okay thank you in advance . I've 6slots on my mobo.
I'm testing some things now, I'll let you know.

okay yosemite boots 50% in the progressbar and then nothing it stay's 50%.

so i booted verbose , there is a problem with my acpi management .

Hi

ok I have a 4 slot z400, so our mother bord are not 100% equal

Moreover, since it wasn't an issue for me I not really familiar with acpi. It is something related to power management, and I far as I know DSDTs are the best way to deal with that.

However inadequate DSDT is most probably worst than no DSDT (at least when your computer boot without DSDTs, more expert people may confirm or refute).

My Z400 is working like a charm without DSDTs and without adding plenty of kext (but the install is still fresh so time will confirm)

if you have installed a random DSDT, you may try booting without it, using this bootflag "DSDT=NULL".

you can also create yours the easy way, by simply extracting it and compiling it without applying random patches you're not sure about.

Else, I don't know what processor do you have, but if it is a xeon w35xx you may use the system definition "mac pro 4,1" and if you have a xeon 36xx the system definition "mac pro 5,1" (and if it is not working try the other way round)

I have a w3520, and the 4,1 is the right one for me.
my cpu is detected as a 2,66Gh which is right, while with the system definition mac pro 3,1 it was detected at 2,8Gh, for instance, but this is the tip of the iceberg of how my system is detecting and dealing with my hardware

can't think of other tip without more detail

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back