Motherboard
msi ge60 2pc (apache)
CPU
i5 4200h/HM86
Graphics
intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GTX850/1080p
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i want to extract dsdt from linux but when i must use iasl for extract the .dsl y dont konw where i must put the iasl script, in what folder i must put it thanksss

Hi, i want to extract dsdt from linux but when i must use iasl for extract the .dsl y dont konw where i must put the iasl script, in what folder i must put it thanksss

Extract in Linux, disassemble in OS X.

'iasl' is not a script. It is binary. Copy it somewhere in your path, such as /usr/bin.

You will get a better disassembly if you disassemble all at once...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have less errors to deal with.

Extract in Linux, disassemble in OS X.

'iasl' is not a script. It is binary. Copy it somewhere in your path, such as /usr/bin.

You will get a better disassembly if you disassemble all at once...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have less errors to deal with.

Thanks for the answer I just try it and the result was Could not open input file *.aml, I've got another question, when I've got all SSDT, how i can know what is the one that I need for make working my brightness for example thanks

Thanks for the answer I just try it and the result was Could not open input file *.aml,

In order to use *.aml, you would need to have some files with an AML extension in the current directory.

I've got another question, when I've got all SSDT, how i can know what is the one that I need for make working my
brightness for example thanks

Look for 'Device (GFX0)'

In order to use *.aml, you would need to have some files with an AML extension in the current directory.

Look for 'Device (GFX0)'

Hi. RehabMan.

When I try to extract all the ssdt from the folder TABLES, there are 11 SSDT files. However there is also a folder named DYNAMIC, and there are 3 SSDT files in it too. Should I extract them ?

:(

There seems no discrete graphics card information in SSDTs or I cannot find them.

Is it related to my graphics card? It's nvidia quadro k620m.

Post your files if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back