Contribute
Register

Problem creating USB from lion 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure that your flash drive is in a usb2 slot, and not a usb3 slot. Also make sure that you can read/write the flash drive for other things, like regular files. When you used the Disk Utility program to prepare the flash drive, did everything go OK? Did you create a MBR partition table on the flash drive?

If the drive is recognized correctly, and you did everything in accordance with the UniBeast instructions page, I'd say to just try a different flash drive. You can also use an external hard drive...it doesn't have to be a flash drive.

TB

No, as far as I understand it you must create the installer with UniBeast...you cannot just copy the files over. There have been a few threads here in the forum where people report a similar problem--UniBeast finishes very quickly. But I have never had the problem, and I don't remember the 'fix' for this. I'll look a bit, but maybe someone else will happen by and have an idea.

TB

How could you be on 10.7.2. when 10.7.3 is the latest?

Try cpukid alternative install of Lion on Youtube.

You have to mount the "InstallESD.dmg" from the apple download and then copy the "Install Mac OS X Lion" into the applications folder.

io[ said:
]You have to mount the "InstallESD.dmg" from the apple download and then copy the "Install Mac OS X Lion" into the applications folder.

Funny thing, It seems to work regardless the choice (usbstick/appstore) as long as the installEST.dmg are mounted and the installer are in the application folder.

Before this thread i got the same result as the TO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back