CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I converted my pc to a hackintosh now that there is supposed to be support for the radeon 7850 but for some reason I cant get it to boot with the card.

In verbose mode I am stuck on the line **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x7000 ****

I know it has something to do with my graphics card I have already installed the edited kexts for the radeon 7850 and it is recognized as a Radeon 7xxx in Safe Mode. However I am only able to boot with the card in safe mode. I really want to make this work because I need the cards power to work effectively and I would really rather not go back to windows.

My Specs are

ASRock Pro4-m h77 MoBo
Intel Core i7 3770K
2x 8GB RAM
Sapphire AMD Radeon 7850
250GB Samsung 840
2x 4TB HDDs

I have already tried GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 but the only thing that works is safemode -x

It will work just fine if I remove the card and I was using it for some time without the card but I really need to get it working with the card.

I ended up solving my own problem it was simply changing my primary graphics to my integrated graphics in my bios.

I am using a MSI 7850 2GB myself. I managed this with having the integrated graphics always enabled in the bios. Having the bios initialize PEG first, the 7850. I configured my startup to have GraphicsEnabler=no One thing I've found is the necessity to use -f to bypass the kext boot cache after making any changes. You can set this whith Chameleon wizard. An SSD is so fast, not much difference, though I am using boot cache now. I did do the EFI boot loader trick, this is where you the boot loader to the EFI partition, and along with it, you use the boot loader binary from the usb stick. I use the iMac late 2012 system definition. And this may be key, the hdmi port only.

If you are using something besides hdmi, unless you need it, you might use an adapter since it seems from my reading on the forums that the hdmi is more forgiving. Alternatively, you might need to try different video card display configurations. These are odd sounding names you set as boot flags. Tonymac did a article in the forums covering the subject.

Something I've found recently is the need to do a permissions repair on the boot disk before and after any running Multibeast or Kextbeast. This is very important, and could be your issue. I tried to be slick and replaced the original kexts with the edited ones on the setup stick and it took me a while to realize the resulting permission after the install was preventing successful booting. Only boot with -x.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back