Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay so I've tried several different ways to boot the install up but no avail.

I tried in verbose mode and I noticed that a lot of the kexts aren't loading, but it doesn't hang until it trys 10 times to "enumerate" some usb devices (has to do with IOUSBFamily kext) and it says it gives up. Then it just says "Still waiting for root device." I also tried it with only my mouse and keyboard plugged in and it failed as well.

I already have a perfect running install of Lion, everything works. I checked in the system profiler and all my kexts were 64 bit so no problem there. I tried booting the installer usb drive from Chameleon with all my kexts and DSDT installed onto it, I tried it without my kexts or DSDT, and I tried the same thing with Chimera and nothing seemed to change.

Boot to safe mode didn't have any effect on the end result either.

I am kind of at a loss what to do here. Ideally, I want to have a usb stick with my bootloader on it and all my kexts and dsdt so I won't have to worry about any of that on the actual drive.. Could that be my problem?

Here's my specs:

GA-Z68-UD5-B3
i7 2600K (OC to 3.5)
nVidia GTS 250
3 1TB Samsung SATA HDDs (Software RAID)
1 2TB Drive (can't remember make and model)
1 120GB Corsair SSD (this is my boot drive and only store applications)
16 GB RAM

Any and all help would be appreciated

What bios?
I had all kinds of mystery going on with standard bios and found three different Kexts (here) that needed modified/deleated/removed or whatever. Total nonsense as there is also consistant advise that is wrong about these kexts, how to fix them and so on. Kept restoring Lion onto partition from Timemachine like 4 times!

I have SSD setup for OS/APPS and separate hard drives for data. So I only ever trash the OS SSD. Update keeps apps and all my settings are on hard drive.

Recommend, if you have perfect LION
1) Reload LION from timemachine.
2) Upgrade Bios to UEFI - read about not using DSDT and so on at Tonymac86's UEFI guide - read all threads there so you know the wrong turns as well as the right ones.
3) Get lion working wiht UEFI (took me 4 hours total including step 2.)
4) Now upgrade to ML 5.2 using latest MB onto OS/APP partition. After upgrade, Run MB before reboot. set only audio, fakeSMC, ethernet, and Mac Pro 3.1 smbios and i5 or i7 ssdt.
5) eject USB stick, shut down.
6) start up. it will work. If not finding disk (boot disk0 problem see this in search). But it should work.

Don't know if you can take this path, but it is the simple way up the mountain.
using UEFI and getting LION clean with it is the trick. Avoided interminable BS setting up ML.
With UEFI Multibeast is now stupid simple with ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back