Graphics
Gigabyte 6870HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully installed 10.6.8 and made the flash drive with lion installer on it, using unibeast. When I try to boot from that flash drive it doesn't show the flash drive in chimera. I am lost.

partition in mbr or gpt?

I did master boot record from disk utility

Did you boot from the flash drive using F12?

jester969 said:
Did you boot from the flash drive using F12?

Yes that is how I am trying to do it but it's not booting from it

Maybe you did not create the Unibeast correctly. Re-create and try again this time making the USB stick first priority and using F12 and see what happens.

If it isn't booting it could not have been made bootable.

jester969 said:
Maybe you did not create the Unibeast correctly. Re-create and try again this time making the USB stick first priority and using F12 and see what happens.

If it isn't booting it could not have been made bootable.

I have remade it like 3 times now, selecting master boot record lol, I can try again tho

Are you sure no other USB sticks are plugged in with the Unibeast stick?

Are you sure you are selecting F12 to correctly boot from the USB from the list?

jester969 said:

Are you sure you are selecting F12 to correctly boot from the USB from the list?

Yes, and yes, should I unplug my other hard drives?

When I do f12 and select the usb-hdd it sends me straight to the chimera boot screen for my ssd not my flash drive, how large should the unibeast drive be?

Tjb5099 said:
jester969 said:

Yes, and yes, should I unplug my other hard drives?

No, that should not be the problem. Try another USB stick from the one you are currently using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back