4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been working on this for a few days and haven't made any headway on it. I want to update my Intel NUC DC3217BY (Ivy Bridge), currently running Yosemite 10.10.5, to El Capitan. My problem is that this system refuses to boot El Capitan. I can get through the Clover bootloader (here I should note that I've been using Clover for more than a year), but as soon as it starts to boot into the El Capitan installer, either the virtual disk setup when I ran the installer app from Yosemite, or from a Unibeast 6.0 USB installer disk, I get a row of plus signs ('++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++') and it hangs. That's in verbose mode. In graphical mode, I simply get a blank screen.

Here's some of what I've tried so far, all with the same result:
  • Remaking the Unibeast 6.0 USB according to the guide
  • Various combinations of boot flags, including safe mode (-x)
  • Adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

I'm at the point now where I'm completely stumped, and I'm beginning to think it's impossible to install El Capitan on the Intel NUC DC3217BY. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have the DC3217BY and did a clean install following the El Capitan Clover installation guide from the tonymac honepage to the letter. Only issue is HDMI Audio that I haven't solved yet. Read the guide slowly as I overlooked a minor setting in Clover and had to start all over again. When I work out the toleda ssdt audio guide I'll post a full install guide for the DC3217BY.

I have the DC3217BY and did a clean install following the El Capitan Clover installation guide from the tonymac honepage to the letter. Only issue is HDMI Audio that I haven't solved yet. Read the guide slowly as I overlooked a minor setting in Clover and had to start all over again. When I work out the toleda ssdt audio guide I'll post a full install guide for the DC3217BY.

Thank you for the response and the tip. I may easily have overlooked something as the El Capitan Clover installation guide didn't exist yet when I first started working on my update. I will make a good backup and attempt a from-scratch install, following the guide. Please update this thread or PM me when you post your guide.

Someone said to fix the hang after the row of pluses, replace VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ... Maybe worth a try.

Edit: also this post just said UniBeast 6.0.1 had a pertinent (but unidentified) fix. I'm not sure you're using UniBeast, but if so, use 6.0.1. :)

Someone said to fix the hang after the row of pluses, replace VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ... Maybe worth a try.

Edit: also this post just said UniBeast 6.0.1 had a pertinent (but unidentified) fix. I'm not sure you're using UniBeast, but if so, use 6.0.1. :)

The key is a from-scratch install using Unibeast 6.0.1 (6.0.0 didn't work), following the guide to the letter.

The key is a from-scratch install using Unibeast 6.0.1 (6.0.0 didn't work), following the guide to the letter.

Glad you're up and running, nobodynose. Could you please post a step by step guide as to how you get HDMI Audio to work. That's the only thing that I can't seem to get right. I've read the guides (several times) but they don't make any sense to me. Thanks in advance.

Glad you're up and running, nobodynose. Could you please post a step by step guide as to how you get HDMI Audio to work. That's the only thing that I can't seem to get right. I've read the guides (several times) but they don't make any sense to me. Thanks in advance.

IF I ever get HDMI audio working in El Cap, I will post a guide. I find the audio guides quite confusing too. While very detailed and logical, I find them hard to follow. I guess I need a flow chart or an app ;-)

I'm getting the same error and I did a fresh flash drive with unibeast 6.1.

Clover comes up, I choose the flash drive to start the 10.11 installer:

"++++++++++++++++++++_"

I've been playing with different boot options but get the same thing every time.

I'm rocking a lenovo y50-70, I played with the BIOS settings still nada. I would love to get OS X on this guy because I can't stand windows.

My kext are:

-AppleIntelE1000e
-AtherosE2200Ethernet
-FakeSMC
-RealtekRTL8111

and I replaced the .efi file under drivers64UEFI with HFSPlus.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back